track uploading.

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Pavel

track uploading.

Post by Pavel »

Really made me mad, cause i lost account.

What I did - created a folder with 15 files and named them with numbers to make clear for system which one to upload first
I created 15 names and synchronized them with 15 files, to make a program see what name is match with what file.

But the system named all tracks random, what very disappointed me. It makes really hard to upload content on created account. actually existing system gives no way to do it. Of course u can create 15 folders for each file and change descriptions doing while doing any process, but if u create 100 accounts, u will die before finish that crazy manual job(((
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: track uploading.

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry, I am not understanding what you were trying to achieve

The track uploading as mentioned in the other thread is quite basic at the moment.
  • Select a folder
    Select some accounts
    Files in that folder are shared between selected accounts

What I did - created a folder with 15 files and named them with numbers to make clear for system which one to upload first
I created 15 names and synchronized them with 15 files, to make a program see what name is match with what file.
The program does not processing on the track file names and track titles. It randomly assigns titles to tracks
But the system named all tracks random, what very disappointed me. It makes really hard to upload content on created account. actually existing system gives no way to do it.
It was not designed to give you a fine grained control. Just a quick and easy way to bulk upload content to 100s of accounts. The majority of fake accounts have no tracks uploaded. It was supposed that an account with tracks uploaded was less likely to be banned. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. But many users asked for a quick way to bulk upload tracks. That is all the uploader is

What you are after is a more fine grained control over the whole uploading process. I am open to new suggestions on how this could be handled.
* The easiest way (for me )would be to just pull all info from the ID3 tags, but that requires they are set first.
* Another way would be to work with data files, a text file that links the data (title / tags / desc ) to the specific MP3 files. But again, this requires the meta files set before.

But eventually by giving you full control over aspect of the upload process, matching the website uploader means, requesting all information from you that would be requested by the website. Which then raises the point, why not just upload via the website, if are manually setting all information for the upload process anyway?
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Yes ID3 tags would be fine, but might have to many mistakes.

I would just create a simpe system - tracks placed in some alphabetical order in the folder. The same way tracks should be placed. So I would create to ways:
automatic with ID3 tags
and manual more complex but giving full control. All u have to do is syncronize your file list with name list.

I would also let people add tags with some spintax.

By the way spin tax doesn't work in the name. If u write TRACK#{1|2|3} it will create 3 tracks callling track#{1|2|3} what is not looking good.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Some accounts can't upload tracks and i don't understand why it is so.

Can u name any reasons? I have few accounts where uploading fails with any proxies.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

maybe cause too many tracks uploaded at the same time? anyway uploading is some function what really doesn't work good and need to be tested and changed a little
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Or
[file name (with no mp3],[track name] system would also be good.

I would also offer to use xls files for such kind of tasks but it it the whole different story. TXT with dividors is too complicated for simple user
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Pavel wrote:Some accounts can't upload tracks and i don't understand why it is so.

Can u name any reasons? I have few accounts where uploading fails with any proxies.
Not with out logs. Submit and I can take a look
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Pavel wrote:Or
[file name (with no mp3],[track name] system would also be good.

I would also offer to use xls files for such kind of tasks but it it the whole different story. TXT with dividors is too complicated for simple user
Not using xls, it is a blob file that I cannot read easily. text files or CSV are best as anyone can read it (excel can output to CSV anyway) and I can read it easily in app
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Pavel wrote:Yes ID3 tags would be fine, but might have to many mistakes.

I would just create a simpe system - tracks placed in some alphabetical order in the folder. The same way tracks should be placed. So I would create to ways:
automatic with ID3 tags
and manual more complex but giving full control. All u have to do is syncronize your file list with name list.

I would also let people add tags with some spintax.

By the way spin tax doesn't work in the name. If u write TRACK#{1|2|3} it will create 3 tracks callling track#{1|2|3} what is not looking good.
Will check and fix when review the track uploader
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

track uploader updated

Can now specify tags / genres / buy link as well as title and description

The loading of tracks to run should be more clear as are now displayed in tab.
Can specify custom meta files to provide data for each specific track via a tab separated var file.
Can also load in a meta token system using ID3 tags, or #filename# of track,

my_track_name.mp if used the #filename# tag becomes title "my track name"

Each track can have the meta edited by double clicking the row, for a fine tuned controlled.

Is very much a testing update, so please report any issues, or suggestions on improvements

http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin