Out of Memory crashes

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Out of Memory crashes

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If can test with a smaller number. This will show us whether this *IS* the cause. In which case it needs to be improved / fixed.

If the issue does NOT occurr, then something else is going on
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

It has been more than 24 hours and I haven't gotten any new crashes on either of my VPS's.

The only thing I changed was to split the images in folders of 1000 instead of the previous 8 or 15K, so it seems that the memory crash is related to the number of images.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1629&start=10
I run the program, with no actions in the processing tab. With 4 accounts. I use 70mb of memory

Added 2500 images, all with title / description / tags etc. Jumped to 120mb.

Created action (not run yet)

Stays around 120mb

I duplicated that single action 30 times, increased threads to 10. Memory went up to 250mb. But is with 2500*30 images (about 75,000 images)

Restart app: about 170mb (not processing)

So I don't think it is <edit> NOT purely the images. Something else.

If you want, you can zip up your database folder and send it here for testing. It shouldn't be using 700 on app start, but maybe whatever is the cause is not usual so isn't effect me.

If that is ok with you

Click the Windows / Start button (or press the Windows key on your keyboard)
In Windows 7 you can type straight into the search box, in XP click run first
Type
%appdata%\rootjazz\tumbling jazz\

In the folder that opens, you should see a "database" folder, zip it up, and upload it somewhere like sendspace.com

I don't think it is, although your evidence implies it is....

If you load one action of 10k images or 10 actions of 1k images, it should be the same. In fact, the 10 x 1k images should use more memory as some duplication is involved in multiple actions - actually I meant load 1 x 1k action, then it completes, delete, load another, but still, if it is working.

But, as above, the database folder may help me find what is happening here for you and the person in the other thread
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

It has now been almost 3 full days and I did not have a single crash anymore, after changing to folders with 1,000 images each.
lucas

Post by lucas »

nbhead wrote:It has now been almost 3 full days and I did not have a single crash anymore, after changing to folders with 1,000 images each.
Hi what operation system do you use? I have same problem with memory and I use windows server 2012 r2.
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

The one you were thinking about changing to I believe, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.
lucas

Post by lucas »

nbhead wrote:The one you were thinking about changing to I believe, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.
So it looks like server edition of windows have problems with memory.
You also have problem with multiplying actions?
Did you try to tun TJ as administrator?

It looks like TJ have problem with file removing, maybe this is clogging ram?
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

Yes, I also had problems with multiplying actions, deleted actions which magically re-appeared, actions that got magically deleted while not doing anything, the number of images to be posted that magically gotten reduced and images that just kept on posting until the Tumblr limit was reached.

I did not try to run the program as Administrator.

As for your other point, I'll let that be answered Martin as I have no idea as to the cause.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Sorry for delays getting back to you, had internet issues yesterday and I seem to have missed this thread when I finally got internet restored without it dropping every few minutes

So for the memory usage, with the database folder I was sent, it worked fine here. 100mb memory. I don't have access to the windows server 2012, but will now test on windows2008 (I tested on windows7)

It could be something to do with using a VPS and the underlying base metal OS / VM / Server setup. Not sure why that would happen, but worth investigating
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

same memory footprint on windows2008 server

Is it possible to get access to your server to check things out?