401 Error Unknown While following

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
awesomeaustin

401 Error Unknown While following

Post by awesomeaustin »

Hi Root-
After a series of successful follows this message will pop up and the rest of them will fail.

Follow failed: StatusCode: 401 Reason: Unknown
* FAILED: Follow: the-sevens

Do you have any idea what this could be? I also just updated to Version: 1.2.6.3 and I'm still getting it.

I'm a little curious... I've been managing my friends soundcloud for a few months now and everything has been going great. However, recently his wife has acquired the account information, and she will stay logged in all day on her phone while I'm botting. Perhaps she could have something to do with this. If not, is this a potentially bad situation? That is, botting while the account is logged in from a different i.p. address.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: 401 Error Unknown While following

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The IP issue *shouldn't* be a problem. For example it could be a band pages with multiple members logging in.

But that is just an assumption, soundcloud *could* log your instance out if a login occurs else where, some sites work like this.

As to the error message a 401 is a server response code saying "Error - unauthorised"
Wikipedia says
401 Unauthorized
Similar to 403 Forbidden, but specifically for use when authentication is required and has failed or has not yet been provided.[2]
so perhaps it could be the multi login problem.

If can send your logs I can check it further
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT
95bluelx

Post by 95bluelx »

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same issue now, always happens after 20-25 people have been followed... doesn't matter how long the pauses between follows are. I'm using version 1.2.8.4
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Yes it was, am trying to think what the problem was, but 6pm on a Friday and my mind is else where and I cannot remember exactly

Updating will fix it

http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html