any danger in running the same accounts in multiple instance

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
arcan210

any danger in running the same accounts in multiple instance

Post by arcan210 »

Hi there. Just wondering if it is safe to open a second instance and work with the same accounts? If I have an account doing a follow or unfollow routine in one instance, would it be safe to open that same account in another instance of SC manager so I could have the account perform like/comment activities? I know it is possible within a single instance but I worry that having two different instances writing to the database might cause issues.

The reason I want to do this is because I need to be able to perform jobs on demand. However when my accounts are not in use, i like to keep them somewhat active so they remain looking realistic. I might have 100 jobs in queue when I suddenly get a flurry of real work to do. There's no way to reprioritize the processor job list so my choices are either to cancel all the waiting jobs, try to process too many jobs at once to speed them up, or run a second instance with a clear processor.

Your thoughts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: any danger in running the same accounts in multiple inst

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Are you talking about using a different working folder? Or just open soundcloud manager again from the same dataset?

If a different database, then the only problem COULD be that soundcloud detects a user doing multiple actions at once. But ASAIK they do not do this (yet?)

Using the same database, might be ok, but it is possible both try to write to the same file at the same time and throw a wobbly. So it is not recommended really.

Resetting the priority for actions does come up a bit and I would like to implement, but it will be tricky and cause me some headaches, so it is a way off being implemented yet.

The best way, would be to mass pause items. Multi select actions, right click and select Pause. That way you can set your desired action to run next. Bit of a hack around I admit, but until action ordering resetting gets implemented is the only 100% safe way
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

admin wrote:Are you talking about using a different working folder? Or just open soundcloud manager again from the same dataset?
I was just going to launch another instance from the same folder

admin wrote: The best way, would be to mass pause items. Multi select actions, right click and select Pause. That way you can set your desired action to run next. Bit of a hack around I admit, but until action ordering resetting gets implemented is the only 100% safe way
When I multi select items in the processor window and click pause or cancel, it only seems to act on a single item.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

On the list to check.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

soundcloud multiple select on processing tab

soundcloud multiple select on processing tab added to testing branch
http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html
arcan210

Re: soundcloud multiple select on processing tab

Post by arcan210 »

admin wrote:soundcloud multiple select on processing tab added to testing branch
http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

Cool, thank you. this gives a good workaround for what i was trying to accomplish.
martin

Post by martin »

hi, am having computer troubles. Am hoping you have notifications turned on and get this message :)
martin

Post by martin »

Don't seem to be able to PM you.

I will keep trying to guess my email password so can mail you
martin

Post by martin »

ok, I am in rootjazzdub email account, if can send me a mail there :-)

Martin