Comments removed but not account

Mixcloud funked discussions
arcan210

Comments removed but not account

Post by arcan210 »

Hey, ever run into a situation where mixcloud removes comments left via the bot... but the account lives on? I did a bunch of comments on a couple of different profiles a few days ago. Today they both come back to me complaining that the comments are gone.... which they were.

My first thought was 'well shit, looks like mixcloud started deleting accounts'. So I ran a login test on all accounts and all come back OK. Checked into these guys and the followers I added are still there. So are the likes. just the comments missing. Ever seen that before?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Comments removed but not account

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Never.

Will run some tests to make sure nothing has changed in the mixcloud routine allowing them to ID incorrect calls.

What were the comments? Nothing too spammy which could have been detected?
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Nah, nothing spammy... just "nice track" kind of stuff. Ive spot checked a bunch of other accounts and most comments seem to be intact so whatever happened its not system-wide.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

maybe the profile you were leaving comments on got flagged?

Was it one of those tracks with a million plays and 10k comments? Or anything over the top?

were the comments given too quickly perhaps?
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Nothing obvious that I can see. One of the guys is a super-careful guy who only buys like 50 plays and 5 comments at a time because he is super paranoid about detection. The ohter guy was more normal... bought 500 plays, 20 comments.

I re-added comments to both people and for now they seem to be sticking. I cant come up with any good reason why they dissapeared, but they seem stable now. I guess we just call this a glitch and hope its isolated and not a sign of things to come with mixcloud.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Is working fine for me here. Maybe a mixcloud bug. I am not the only one to have bugs you know :-p
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Hmm... no the search and action tabs fall victim to the same problem as the scrape tab... extremely low numbers of search results. The scrape track URL box does not seem to work at all. On the scrape profiles, I put in a generic term like remix and get only 30 results. I fed in a list of about 100 common search terms and only came up with 170 unique URLs and that was spread over 100 text files so there is a ton of manual work to compile them, and even then with over a thousand accounts they all just end up liking the same tracks which defeats the purpose. I need lists of thousands of tracks and profiles that my accounts can follow. I wish there were groups on mixcloud like on soundcloud.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

will investigate
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

You rock. I just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. My bad.