Best practice for responding to comments

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
BMCE73

Best practice for responding to comments

Post by BMCE73 »

Hi,

I have set up watch for new users evry 24 hrs to follow back users which is a great tool but I have no means to view comments left by users, is there a way I can do this, I feel if you don't respond to comments you may lose these followers, please advise,

Thanks,

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Best practice for responding to comments

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No way at the moment. Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list.

Doesn't SC notify you of new comments on your tracks? I think you can set up notifications for this in the account settings (on SC, NOT SCM)
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

Sorry...question was aimed at fake accounts...I have comments enable in SC for the main account, I set my fake accounts to comment on tracks but if follower does not receive a reply after they send you a message of thanks they may get suspicious of fake account.

Thanks,

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Can you confirm

1) Are you asking about when an artist replies to one of your fake accounts on THEIR tracks
2) When someone comments on a track uploaded to YOUR fake account?
3) Something else?

:)
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

1) Are you asking about when an artist replies to one of your fake accounts on THEIR tracks

So using the comments module the fake account will leave a comment on nthe artists track, the artist usually sends a thank you type message and I would like that fake account to be able to acknowledge this message by replying back if possible.

Thanks

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Not possible I'm afraid

You would need to somehow scrape the tracks your account has commented on. I don't think you can find this in SC, definitely not in SCM. You will need to extract it from the logs. Then manually check all the pages. Which basically means not possible.

It is feasible for me to code it and if the demand is there I can do it, but for now it is on the feature suggestions list
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

No Problem,

Strange how I have learned so much about SC using SCM, I send all my new followers a mail / comment to see if they are real account or fake , that's a real bonus on the knowledge stakes, thanks Martin.

Blathnaid.