Mass Repost Query

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
BMCE73

Mass Repost Query

Post by BMCE73 »

Hi All,

If I have 50 fake accounts can they only mass repost 1 time each ? or could you set a repeat to have them repost a track every day? I tried a test today with 5 accounts with the option to repost once checked, and a pause of 120 seconds , i noticed in the stream ( main account) that the 1st repost came in fine but when the 2nd post came in it replaced the 1st repost and when the 3rd came in it replaced the 2nd etc, i was expecting to see 5 x reposts in the timeline, have i messed up the option in the repost tab? i did notice when you check the repost once it is ticked, press again there is a start and press again and it goes blank, why the star ?

Regards,

Blathnaid
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Repost Query

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If I have 50 fake accounts can they only mass repost 1 time each ?
I assume you are referring to reposting a single track?

So 50 accounts to repost trackA once. This should be the "unique" checkbox
or could you set a repeat to have them repost a track every day?

Are you referring to tracks you specify or random tracks?
I tried a test today with 5 accounts with the option to repost once checked, and a pause of 120 seconds , i noticed in the stream ( main account) that the 1st repost came in fine but when the 2nd post came in it replaced the 1st repost and when the 3rd came in it replaced the 2nd etc, i was expecting to see 5 x reposts in the timeline,
Please clarify:
5 accounts to repost TrackA (from artistA) with 1 thread pause 120 seconds.
Then in the stream of ArtistA, you see that your accounts were reposting, but the reposting was replacing the previous in the stream or artistA?

Is this correct?

Were the reposts working? In the trackA page, on the "who has reposted" page, do you see all 5 accounts?

have i messed up the option in the repost tab? i did notice when you check the repost once it is ticked, press again there is a start and press again and it goes blank, why the star ?
Should be a start, should be on and off, seems like this checkbox has been setup wrongly and is 3 state and 2 state
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

admin wrote:
If I have 50 fake accounts can they only mass repost 1 time each ?
I assume you are referring to reposting a single track?

So 50 accounts to repost trackA once. This should be the "unique" checkbox
Yes, that's what was done
or could you set a repeat to have them repost a track every day?

Are you referring to tracks you specify or random tracks?
Track Specified
I tried a test today with 5 accounts with the option to repost once checked, and a pause of 120 seconds , i noticed in the stream ( main account) that the 1st repost came in fine but when the 2nd post came in it replaced the 1st repost and when the 3rd came in it replaced the 2nd etc, i was expecting to see 5 x reposts in the timeline,
Please clarify:
5 accounts to repost TrackA (from artistA) with 1 thread pause 120 seconds.
Then in the stream of ArtistA, you see that your accounts were reposting, but the reposting was replacing the previous in the stream or artistA?

Is this correct?
Yes

Were the reposts working? In the trackA page, on the "who has reposted" page, do you see all 5 accounts?
Yes, you can see the 5 accounts have posted and on track itself the number of reposts increase by 5

have i messed up the option in the repost tab? i did notice when you check the repost once it is ticked, press again there is a start and press again and it goes blank, why the star ?
Should be a start, should be on and off, seems like this checkbox has been setup wrongly and is 3 state and 2 state
Sorry, typo, it's a star character not start, so you have 3 options, check/star/unchecked

so can an account do a repost many times or just 1 time....seems an account can like as many times rather than just 1 time?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

typos are catching lol, I meant
There Should not be a star, should be on and off, seems like this checkbox has been setup wrongly and is 3 state and 2 state
Issue has been fixed, update going out in an hour
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

Admin,

just to clarify, can a fake account repost to same track more than once ?

Blathnaid
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

no, I don't think so. You would have to repost, then unrepost, then repost again.

But whether the repeated repost appears in your stream I do not know. If you give it a go, let me know.

Could be a good idea to have your fake accounts repost, wait a day unrepost and repost. Could probably set something up to do that automatically if it keeps your tracks in the streams of those users
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

Admin,

I can confirm fake accounts can only repost 1 time :| so make it count when you repost :D

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Really? I did not know that.

Better to create verified accounts then :)