Add Customer Filter to Soundcloud Promotion Setup Tab?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
rjt06002

Add Customer Filter to Soundcloud Promotion Setup Tab?

Post by rjt06002 »

Hey root jazz, just started messing around with the Promotional tab... I like it, but for the "Customize Settings" option could you also add the custom filters you have included in other tabs (for example search and favorite)

Would like to be able to filter-

Min Plays/Max Plays (total + week)
Min Comments/ Max Comments (total + week)
Min Favorites/Max Favorites (total + week)
Tracks posted Days ago Min/Max
and "Is Pro Account"

on my promotional campaign SCM is setting up for me.

Would also like to be able to filter on Track length (min + max) but I know you are still working on that. I would also like to be able to pick which specific track I want to be promotionally sharing to groups. For example I have 5-6 tracks on my main soundcloud but only want to be sharing to groups the most recent one and not the older ones I don't care too much about anymore (SCM is sharing all of them from the promotional campaign).

Hopefully that is straightforward/not too hard to implement. Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Add Customer Filter to Soundcloud Promotion Setup Tab?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The promotional campaign was originally only aimed at beginners. It doesn't do anything you cannot do in the other tabs, actually can only do a lot less.

I was getting a bit of feedback from new users saying the program was just too complicated, which I guess is the case, features / improvements have been added and added, so at first use is a bit daunting.

With the aim to get users up and running within a few minutes of opening the program, that is what the Promo Campaign tab is for.
Enter username
Edit the pre generated tags
Click GO

If you want more control over the actions, then you can do it in the actual tabs.

But, many have said what you have said, and want more features on the promo campaign, so I guess other users are finding it useful.

However, I do not want to make the promo campaign tab complicated, that would defeat the whole point. Am unsure whether to do an Advanced campaign tab, or just hide some advanced controls, which you have to turn on via a menu.

Am a bit busy at the moment updating the full app to V2/Next soundcloud. But remind me again next week some time and will take a look.

Regarding the length, I can get that done now, as am redoing the control as all the weekly stats will need to come out as they are no longer supported by soundcloud. So this should be ready in the next day or so.

The track search filter will come a big later
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Track Filter:

Just added

Min:Max Track minutes
Min:Max Num of Reposts
Ignore tracks with any word in title / description
rjt06002

Post by rjt06002 »

Thanks man! Understand the reasoning behind the promo campaign now I had tweaked my own sort of "campaign" so maybe I'll go back to that. Will take a look at the update as well...

Cheers!