Best way to target DJ's

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Best way to target DJ's

Post by martin@rootjazz »

imwaded wrote:Another thing I like to keep in mind when I target certain audiences is for newbies to the music industry. I'm talking people who just post their tracks for themselves and do not even attempt to promote it or anything. Think back to when you did not know what kind of words to use for tags etc... You will be liking/following people with a few songs with 1-5 likes and a 10 or less followers and they will instantly want to know who you are. Keywords I have noticed that come up often when first approaching music are, Freestyle, beat, new, hot, FREE, you know just anything that seems immature or ineffective. What we are doing when we run these campaigns for ourselves is help out the newbies get likes/plays on tracks and we get feedback as well in return. Its like we are reversing the tactics of marketing by anticipating more inexperienced bodies not being educated in proper exposure methods etc... Thankfully Soundcloud Manager has opened the window for many artists myself included :)
Good thinking.

Also, along the same lines. If the tracks have been up a while with not many likes, perhaps it can be assumed that they :
a) do now have many followers
b) do not know how to promote themselves

So a search with date upload: this year
FILTER: Less than 10 likes, older than 30 days

should also get tracks from artists who perhaps would be attentive to interactions with their tracks.

This reminds me, that the search probably needs reworking.
At the moment, the search performs and returns 100 results (for example)
Your action wants to action on 80 items and has a complex filter. The filter removes 80 of the results as outside the filter. This you are only left with 20 results to action on.

This wasn't such a problem where there wasn't many filter options, but now it is a major part of the actions, the search should problem run the filter at the point of search.
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

Great point made,

I will target the lesser known DJ's as the popular ones don't want to follow.

Regards,

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

BMCE73 wrote:Great point made,

I will target the lesser known DJ's as the popular ones don't want to follow.

Regards,

Blathnaid.
I think that is best, the big guys are not checking their soundclouds like the people just starting out.

So filter on number of tracks, to make sure they have tracks.
Filter on track length
Filter on number of plays / likes / whatever once the track is over X days and should find some good profiles to action on.

As always, any ideas on filter options that would help out, you want to see, out there ideas you want to check out there feasibility, just post them up and can see what can be done.

I really want to push the filter options to their utmost as actioning on the CORRECT items is getting more and more important with soundcloud limits and the amount of fake accounts out there
BMCE73

Post by BMCE73 »

Must say, adding the option >30 minutes hits the jackpot for targeting DJ's :D

Blathnaid.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)