purchase considerations

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
micha69

purchase considerations

Post by micha69 »

Hello Rootjazz,
I read a lot about your famous sc manager last days. I like to use scm mainly for positioning in Groups.
Is it possible to: add maybe 300 groups to every track in my accounts and let it change the 52 Groups (I have no pro account)
every 3 days and then take randomly another 52 Groups out of this pool for 3 days and so on... that would be a real timesaver.

Are there any restrictions for non pro users (except that they can use only 52 groups)

I don't need the bots and the mass posting...my tracks are well established,
I only don't want to spend two or more hours a day with soundclouding...

I spoke with many musicians about scm and came to the conclusion that a lightversion with only comments, groups and follow/unfollow actions could be a hit.
The bot-thing is in my eyes more for beginner who need the first few 100 followers and plays and for kids who like to have 10000000 plays on their first track.

best wishes

michael
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: purchase considerations

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I like to use scm mainly for positioning in Groups.
Is it possible to: add maybe 300 groups to every track in my accounts and let it change the 52 Groups (I have no pro account)
every 3 days and then take randomly another 52 Groups out of this pool for 3 days and so on... that would be a real timesaver.
Yes, that is exactly how it works.

You can change the time to share the track to the group (either in hours or days)
You can change how many groups to share to (the free account, by the way is 75 not 52)
You then load in a list of groups to rotate between for your shares, or use a search, or use the groups you have joined.

Note, SCM shares are separate to the shares you perform manually. SCM will not unshare from any existing groups, generally in SCM it ignores what you have done in the browser manually assuming that to be outside of it's scope

Are there any restrictions for non pro users (except that they can use only 52 groups)
Not really, I think you are more likely to get temp bans if you hit soundcloud hard, over do things etc, but apart from that things are the same. But best to check on the soundcloud site for *actual* information

I only don't want to spend two or more hours a day with soundclouding...
go to the groups share tab, set up your shares per track, then just leave the program running. It will share the tracks, then wait until the specified time to unshare and reshare to new groups. IF the share isn't going to be for 3 days, you can just turn the program on in 3 days time and the scheduled unshare / reshare will happen.
I spoke with many musicians about scm and came to the conclusion that a lightversion with only comments, groups and follow/unfollow actions could be a hit.
The bot-thing is in my eyes more for beginner who need the first few 100 followers and plays and for kids who like to have 10000000 plays on their first track.
The actual promotion is the main purpose of the program, the stats boosting is there as an aside. If users just want to boost their plays, their are other programs that can do that, cheaper than SCM. The power of SCM (in my opinion) is the ability to gain real followers / real plays / real feedback. To highly target users / tracks to action on depending on your requirements. Whether that is "active users" filters, or users in your home city, or find new tracks uploaded today on specific genres, to automating the sharing of tracks. Hence the initial learning curve (of which, I admit, there is), but once the software is understood, there is really no limit to what you can do with it.

Whether this was achieved, it isn't for me to say, but I think I can say it is more than just a spam bot that boosts stats.

That being said, the boost modules do have a role to play. After uploading track, it is beneficial to have at least a few hundred plays and likes. Just gets the ball rolling a bit quicker. I agree, there is no need for 100,000 plays, but having more than 500 or 1000 does help as a deciding factor whether someone who hasn't heard of your music is going to listen.

I am listening to music all day on mixcloud / soundcloud, but if a track / mix has just a handful of plays, I am unlikely to listen to it unless it is recommended by some I know or follow. If you are an established artist, who after uploading a new track gets 100s of plays, great. But for new artists, they don't have this, so a little boost doesn't hurt :-)

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent. I won't be splitting the app up. Just more hassle, two apps to build, two products sales to deal with, licensing issues of users wanting to change, merge etc. I'll just leave it as it is, but thanks for the suggestion :-)
micha69

Re: purchase considerations

Post by micha69 »

thx a lot rootjazz for your very quick and substantive reply....
u got a nu customer :-)

michael