Haven't been able to create accounts the last 72 hours

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Haven't been able to create accounts the last 72 hours

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thanks, will find the email and run some tests. Should get back to you within the next 1-2 hours
Phantomplanet

Post by Phantomplanet »

Thanks I'll be checking
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Proxies do not work in the browser.

This backs up my hypothesis, it is a proxy / IP issue, not a SCM issue

If you have an example of a proxy that doesn't work in SCM and DOES work in a browser, let me know and I check again
Phantomplanet

Post by Phantomplanet »

The proxies are following and liking in mass the last few days, the only function that doesn't work is the account creation. Im using them with 30 accounts and everything works perfectly
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I tested a proxy in SCM to create accounts, it doesn't work.

I tested the proxies in the browser to create accounts, it doesn't work.

This would imply, SC has blocked those proxies from SIGNING UP accounts. This does not mean they have blocked the proxies from logging in.

If the proxy doesn't work on the site, then SCM cannot work.

I have a few other users testing proxy signups as well, so maybe they will report back with more information to help get this issue ID'd correctly and then fixed.

But at the moment, from all my tests, it is an IP issue. What doesn't work in SCM doesn't work in the browser, what does work in the browser, does work in SCM
Phantomplanet

Post by Phantomplanet »

I understand the specific issue it's hard to resolve, it was weird that since I changed the proxies they stopped working all at the time in account creation. But I still have the same problem with fast public proxies, is there a possibillity that the computer could be the problem or something?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

so the other person got back to me and backs up what you say. They do not work in SCM but do work in SC.

Strange.

Problem is, that has to happen for me (doesn't work in SCM does work in browser) so I can see the network traffic and figure out the difference.

I will try again today and get back to you
Phantomplanet

Post by Phantomplanet »

It's extremely strange because it doesn't happen only with the proxies I gave you, also with the fast public ones, which I was creating a lot of accounts with them a few weeks before. I don't know if it's possible that the technique that SCM is using got pacthed since I don't know if the other users have the same problem. But they did catch up into something last week, is it possible that the speed or threads of how fast they are being created could be the main problem?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

More testing and still what doesn't work in SCM doesn't work in SC via V2 signup or classic signup

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/por ... -an-error-
This is linked from the proxy signup in the browser v2

I can't sign up to SoundCloud, I keep getting an error!

If you're having troubles signing up to SoundCloud and keep seeing the error message below, this is because the location you're coming from is getting flagged by our anti-spam systems as suspicious.

Why not try signing up in another browser, from a different computer, or a different location! If this doesn't help, you're unable to do that or you’re seeing a different error message, then please contact our support team for further assistance.
That is the message linked to after a v2 signup attempt with a proxy that failed in SCM.

That too indicates an IP filter / proxy ban.

But, both you and another person say, that a proxy that fails SCM works in the browser. But I just cannot replicate that.

This would imply
1) you are not setting the proxy correctly in your browser
2) something is still different from my machine through the SAME proxy as your machine. But apart from cookies (I cleared) and UA (latest firefox) nothing should be different.
3)?????????
imwaded

Post by imwaded »

I am having the exact same issue as the others. Hope the best for a solution rootjazz :D