Self Promotion Module not working :(

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
imwaded

Self Promotion Module not working :(

Post by imwaded »

Hey rootjazz!! First off thank you for keeping up to date and trying to get your updates out as fast as you can for your consumers! You are working really hard fighting these new updates soundcloud is putting out etc... Anyways I would like to report the problem that in the newest update I am no longer able to use the self promotion module.

This is what happens:

Click the Promotion tab
Loads properly
Click view accounts
Select the Account I want to use
and when i click save it does the loading bar signaling it is beginining to load it and then it just never does.

I think it has to do with the fact I did not put my account when prompted when i first download soundcloud manager. Like the first time you run the program.
The tool has worked in the past so I dont know what else it could be. Thanks

-Wade
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Self Promotion Module not working :(

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi Wade.

Can you submit your logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

Hopefully there is some more information there.

If you leave all the setting defaults the module can take a bit of time due to scraping soundcloud groups to find the most relevant groups to share your tracks to.
Especially if you have many groups.

As each track can be shared to 75 groups, SCM tries to find the groups with the biggest member count to share your track to, based on the tags of that track. So if you have lots of tags and tracks, this can take some time.

I am hoping this is the issue and not that something is broken. If this is the case, then perhaps a processing window should load up, showing you where the program is in the process of creating your actions.
imwaded

Post by imwaded »

Hi! Thanks for help but the problem solved its self!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

That's what I like to hear lol

Just in case the problem comes back, do let me know and include the requested information.

I made the update to display a window with what is happening during creating actions, so you will be able to see if the program is working in the background. The update should be ready later today, it will be uploaded to
http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

Check the changelog to make sure that the latest update is the correct one.

I will also update this thread (if i remember :)