Timeout error detected:: Check proxy connection?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
jordanliammcguire

Timeout error detected:: Check proxy connection?

Post by jordanliammcguire »

Hi again!
I'm not sure what's happening, but I can't perform any tasks on the software.
I can't create accounts without it freezing up and making my computer lag, crash and make me close the software.
I try to add likes to a track, but this is the log I get:

(Favourite Tracks: V2 dubstep,dubstep,last_year using 1 accounts -
Found: 6739 URLs
Logging in: skiitz-2 fxcgtfxcygfxty@gmail.com halcyonhotel with proxy: 190.198.7.100:8080
Using an acc proxy
Logging in via form: fxcgtfxcygfxty@gmail.com halcyonhotel with proxy: 190.198.7.100:8080
Couldn't log in: The operation has timed out fxcgtfxcygfxty@gmail.com halcyonhotel: - proxy: 190.198.7.100:8080 - timeout: 16
Timeout error detected:: Check proxy connection
Couldn't pull page: Bad proxy: skiitz-2
Alt Acc Proxies: 0 Attempt: 0: skiitz-2
Not enough proxies to try again)

How do I ''check the proxy connection is working''?
I'm not sure if anyone else is getting these problems, but I've been getting them for a while.
First it was the Create Accounts module not working, then it was re-posts and neither of them work still.
I update every time I recieve a notification for an update, but I'm still not havging any luck.

Sorry for the constant posts, I don't see other people having these issues so I'm not sure if it's just my computer messing about or if there's a fault somehow with the software (On my computer).

Is there any components to the bot that have been removed or added since the Last 5 updates? Everything was working for me fine then...

Anyway, thanks, hope someone can help :)
jordanliammcguire

Re: Timeout error detected:: Check proxy connection?

No need for a reply!
I've figured out the issue :)
I'm able to perform likes to other users now.

For anyone who had this issue, when you add an account, add the Alternative proxies.
I kept that list clear, so when the proxy failed it didn't have another proxy to take it's place to perform the actions.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

yes, if you add alt proxies, if the main proxies fails it will attempt to use the alt proxies.

If you want to bulk update accounts to use alt proxies,

Goto ACCOUNTS tab
Add the proxies to the PROXY CONTROL
Check the accounts
Then click the PROXIES LINK below the ACCOUNTS CONTROL
From here you can select to REASSIGN account proxies, REMOVE acc proxies or SET ALT PROXIES

The terminology may vary but you get the gist :)
jordanliammcguire

Awesome, thank you :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Just to provide some information for you / others who may see this

Regarding proxies. There is information on the forum
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185&p=393&hilit=proxies#p393

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136&p=256&hilit=proxies#p256

When you create an ACCOUNT, the proxy used to create that account is STORE WITH THE ACCOUNT. Whenever that account does anything with Soundcloud the proxy used to create the account is used.

This means, the account is tied to a proxy. Meaning you do not accidentally log into all your accounts from a single IP and allow Soundcloud to "footprint" them and mass ban them all.

But if you use a public proxy, then as mentioned in the above links, public proxies die / become unusable / may be at full capacity when you next try to use it.

So you need to UPDATE the account proxies.

Do this by.
Goto accounts tab
Add new proxies to the PROXY CONTROL
Check the accounts to update,
click link ACCOUNT PROXIES > REASSIGN...

This will update ALL checked accounts' proxies with the list in the proxy control.

To get a list of verified proxies, you can use the plays trick

When you use a proxy to increase a track plays, if it succeeds it is logged to your LOGS folder with the name
XXXXX_proxy-success.txt
where XXXX is a timestamp i.e. 20130918_

So if you scrape 1000 proxies, then setup an action to increase any track by 500 plays, once the action has complete you can go to your logs folder via:
HELP > LOGS > VIEW FOLDER
then look for the XXXXX_proxy-success.txt and that file will list all working proxies used for the plays action.

You can see this in the video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF19yD5wtKw