restrictions and limits of using bots

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

restrictions and limits of using bots

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I am wondering if these platforms have any restrictions to consider when the bot is activated. Are there any potential risks to get banned from these websites?

Are there limits to consider for:
Following
Sending messages
Dropping comments and so on.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: restrictions and limits of using bots

Yes, all platforms have restrictions and it is YOUR responsibility to be aware of them.

My programs are intended as tools and not "one click solutions". By being a tool, it allows you to do more, but it does mean you have to use them wisely. A hammer in the hands of a craftsman can do wonderful things, but if used wrongly it will just smash things up.

I have also purposefully, not coded in checks to stop you doing stupid things. As this would also limit the great things you can do. Many users have found ways to use the programs that I never envisioned, I did not want to limit these possibilities by only allowing you to do what I thought of.

That does mean, if you tell your account to follow 2000 users in 5 minutes, it will.

The above said, the program will do *it's best* to detect warnings about over use and enforce a pause to avoid any temp bans. However, I can only detect warnings I am aware of. This means, if I have caused a warning / temp ban for myself, I can code for it. If users let me know about warnings I can code for these. BUT these warnings may change so the code to detect them may fail, or new warnings may come up I am unaware of.

So do not think of these detections as an assured mechanism, but a line of last defense.

Just make sure you *think* about what you are doing and ask yourself
* is this in the realms of realistic user behaviour.

With automation bots, it isn't about doing as much as possible as quick as possible, it is about being slow and steady and keeping under the radar. Don't run the program once a week and do a week's worth of actions in a single day. Do not follow 1000 people in a single day, instead set up a repeat action to follow 120 people every 24 hours

>Are there any potential risks to get banned from these websites?
Simply yes. You can face temp bans (soundcloud will ban you from following for 24 hours, then 48 hours etc if you keep pushing passed their limits). And eventually permanent bans are possible. Unlikely, but possible.

These sites do not want you to automate your actions. But equally, you don't want to sit there doing your promotions hour after hour each day, just click confirm next etc.

If you stay under the radar and just automate what would you do anyway (and a little more ;-) ) but stay realistic there will be no problem. Problems tend to occur when lightbulbs go off in users head "wow, I am getting loads of real followers by following 50 users aday and liking 100 tracks a day, I know, I will follow 500 users a day and like 1000 tracks a day and my followers will go through the roof!!!"
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: restrictions and limits of using bots

Also, I guess your next question will be "what are the limits?"

Following / favouriting / other actions limits depends on many things.

Age of accounts, daily limits, monthly limits and whether your account has previously been flagged.

I don't like to give limits, as if something changes and soundcloud (or another site) temp bans you, I invariably get the blame.

But, for example 100 a day follows *should* be fine. I have done this for a few days in a row with no problems. But this only means, *I* have been able to follow 100 users a day for 5 days in a row. That does not mean you won't be temp banned if you do it for 10 days.

I always say, go slow and steady and keep under the radar and think about what you are doing

Try and do more with less. So follow only people who are online. Or who have been online in the last week. No point wasting some of your limits of accounts that have not logged into the site for years (or worse are a fake account).

Use filters to target users into your music, who are in your area. You can get better results of following 100 highly targeted users, than shotgun approach of following 1000 randoms