Not urgent, please address this when you can.

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
rootjazzcustomer

Not urgent, please address this when you can.

Post by rootjazzcustomer »

HI martin, back again lol :) . Please give me some of your time. I have done what I could without your assistance, tried and tried, but I am stumped here...

This all has to do with the "Follow" tab and its options...

In "follow" tab the filter button and its menu options only seems to work when I am doing a "custom search" and hit the search button next to it.

However when I try and use the "filter" button and its options with the "search users>location" and then hitting follow next to it....the filter options that I set up (im talking about the filter button underneath the "advanced" button) do not implement itself. I made sure to click save button in the filter.

That "filter" button with its options should apply to all of the Fields in the "follow" tab (follow follwers of / follow followed by / follow users in a group...etc) . I dont know if its just me but its not working for me.

What I did was setup a search term in the search field for "search users". Then I set a location. I also setup some options in the filter menu (filter button) which the values "ignore username contains" and "ignore description contains" were defined and then hit follow that was located next to the search users>location>follow.

I went to the processing bot and watch it process, however it was not processing with the "filter" options that I had defined. It still followed people with names that I had defined in "ignore username contains"

So I dont know what the deal is. Even when I try using that "custom search" thing you have in follow I am getting some bugs, when doing custom search with "search users" as the defined action in "selections" under build custom search (i clicked save), I will type "Rock, nashville" in the custom search blank field like prompted (when in "build custom search" and you highlight "user search" a text appears and says "to include a location filter, please specify your search as:search term, location. So I thought rock was my search_term and nashville was my location. Im cool at this point, I thought I have done everything right. BUT when i hit search to process it I go to the processor to watch and make sure it is working the processor doesnt get very far before making me stumped...Here is a edited log with my personal information ****'d out...

Login: ************
Using an acc proxy
Attempting automatic cookie login:***************
Cookie login failed: removing cookies:*************** Proxy:*************
Using an acc proxy
Logging in via form: ***************** with proxy: ***********
Pull login URL: *************** Proxy: **************
Set data: ************* Proxy: ***********
No recaptcha found
Login data posted: ****************** Proxy: ***********(1)
Logged in: ********* With proxy: ************
Saving new cookies: *************
Setup custom search controller
Custom search run: search: rock, nashville
Perform custom search: #chain/total: 1/1
Start search: User Search with: rock, nashville
* FAILED: 45948735 : Not valid track url: rock, nashville <------------------------Why is it saying "Not valid track url"? obviously its not a url but why is it searching for a
Found to Follow: 0 max: 50 .................................................................^url? Shouldnt it be searching by my search_term and location as mentioned?
Follow all users: 50
Stop following users when user following a total of: 2000
Scraping profile details: ***************

Anyways martin I feel like I am giving a good effort to sort things out according to your instructions in the software. I am trying different things and even exploring different options to try and get a positive outcome. For now though I am stumped with what I have mentioned here in this post. I hope you enjoy your holidays.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Not urgent, please address this when you can.

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ok so simply

follow tab
scrape users
add filter
* set location
* set ignore if name contains

run action, filter fails.

I will run the above test as soon as I can and get back to you. In the mean time, can you submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

and confirm your version number

HELP > ABOUT
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Please make sure you are up to date, as from my tests it is working

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html
rootjazzcustomer

Post by rootjazzcustomer »

its not working bro. I dont get it.....I am updated to latest version of soundcloud manager 3.0.4.2

Heres a screen shot of my settings.....Look at my highlights!!! ps I am not using the filter this time, I am just using custom seach.

Here is the process

Why???? (wtf) is it looking for a track url????? Shouldnt it be searching users??

Naturally from the settings I used I would think that it would...

Search users with the name "jazz music" within the users screen name, and that it would search within the state of indiana.

What I want to do is search the userbase directory of soundcloud, and have it search for anyone with "jazz music" in their name.

Also I want to locate only people within state of indiana. I would think with my custom search that I would be doing just that.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sorry, I think I replied to the wrong thread in here as my reply makes no sense.

A couple of things

you said you performed a USER SEARCH WITH LOCATION

but the logs show otherwise
Custom search run: search: rock, nashville
As to the filter not being applied, I will test

Regarding the other issue:
I am just using custom seach [and searching for track url]
again, let me test
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

custom build search: search users bug fixed - will be in next update
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

search users search (not custom) with filter is working for me
* IGNORE: Failed Filter: https://soundcloud.com/soul-jazz-records
* IGNORE: Already processed: https://soundcloud.com/utahjazzmusic
* FAILED: User active
* IGNORE: Failed Filter: https://soundcloud.com/mojo-jazz-orchestra
* IGNORE: Failed Filter: https://soundcloud.com/djfunk80
* IGNORE: Failed Filter: https:/.......
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

custom search user with filter also working
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

fixed issue with messaging from list