Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
RunBCreditSEO

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

A fail safe for suspended accounts or for when they reach their limit on the site. Instead of trying to do the actions in vein. This could also potentially raise red flags for their bots to shut us down.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

capt.joseeperez wrote:A fail safe for suspended accounts or for when they reach their limit on the site. Instead of trying to do the actions in vein. This could also potentially raise red flags for their bots to shut us down.
Do you have the logs showing this.

The program does try to detect these and stop. Just there are loads of possible examples, and each one has to be handled specifically, so without an example / logs showing it, coding the detection and stop routine is near impossible
RunBCreditSEO

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

Yep I'll get down to that I have that written down as a task. I'm gonna do it all with screenshots and all that so you can see whats going on along with screen shots of the accounts as well etc. We talked about this a bit in another post.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, let me know
benarata

Post by benarata »

Adding Polls to tweets.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/25/twitte ... wful-idea/

This looks like something that could be useful if it was automated.
Ben
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Do you not just send a tweet in the correct format?

Had a scan, seems that you do.

Will this be a good feature ? y/n

then twitter makes it a poll?
henryr

Post by henryr »

Hey Martin,

To help with rate limit's on individual account it would be nice to see, max number of action per 30 mins or hour.

Reason, I have a number of follow tasks on my account that follow 50 people a time from different usernames. These are then repeated every 347 mins for random'ness, and so I don't add too many people an hour and hit rate issues. However, if two follow tasks happen to end up running straight after each other so in effect adding 100 people in a short 10 min period or so, it will end up getting a rate limit error at some point in the second task.

Maybe the feature could say run a maximum number 1 follow search per 30 mins / per account. If another task tries to run, wait 30 mins before running.

Or instead of doing based on the task type, it could say simply, run a maximum of 1 task per account / per X time, default 30 mins (as the twitter API reset's limits every 15 minutes doesn't it?). If another task tries to run, wait 30 mins before running. And these could be setting that are controlled in the master account setting tab.

Or a simple and quick kill task after 2 rate limit error's and then have the normal default for all other errors. And if a task receives a rate limit, instead of repeat, for x time in the future, repeat it in say 30 mins time.

Thank you.
annavandem

Post by annavandem »

Would you be able to add a feature to change the username (like in tumblingjazz) I can't find it inside twitterdub. Thanks
annavandem

Post by annavandem »

I found someone else asking about this. I see it is not possible. sorry
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

henryr wrote:Hey Martin,

To help with rate limit's on individual account it would be nice to see, max number of action per 30 mins or hour.

Reason, I have a number of follow tasks on my account that follow 50 people a time from different usernames. These are then repeated every 347 mins for random'ness, and so I don't add too many people an hour and hit rate issues. However, if two follow tasks happen to end up running straight after each other so in effect adding 100 people in a short 10 min period or so, it will end up getting a rate limit error at some point in the second task.

Maybe the feature could say run a maximum number 1 follow search per 30 mins / per account. If another task tries to run, wait 30 mins before running.

Or instead of doing based on the task type, it could say simply, run a maximum of 1 task per account / per X time, default 30 mins (as the twitter API reset's limits every 15 minutes doesn't it?). If another task tries to run, wait 30 mins before running. And these could be setting that are controlled in the master account setting tab.

Or a simple and quick kill task after 2 rate limit error's and then have the normal default for all other errors. And if a task receives a rate limit, instead of repeat, for x time in the future, repeat it in say 30 mins time.

Thank you.
I'll have to take a look at what could be done. Moving to a 30 min scheduled would require many backend changes with lots of potential issues creeping in.
Something might be possible here.

What currently happens when you get a rate limit? I thought the program should detect it and pause / wait it out