Get Number of Views

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
aritwitter

Get Number of Views

Post by aritwitter »

Hi,

Is there a way to get the number of views of a tweet? Perhaps through the scraper tab?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Get Number of Views

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Check the SCRAPER TAB > output type: DETAILS

It might include it.
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

There is a 'view_count' column but it is empty. Is there a way to fix this?

Also why am I getting different results when I tick 'url' vs when I tick 'details' for Scrape Tweets.

I am doing 'Tweet Search' and I am inputting the keyword I'd want the tweets to contain.

The result I am getting when 'url' is ticked is what I'd like to get. It contains all tweets mentioning the @username I am looking for. The result gives me the urls of the tweets, but I want to get the stats of each tweet specifically the number of views. However, ticking 'details' gives me a different output. How do I fix it?

Or can you give me an alternative search process?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

aritwitter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:51 am There is a 'view_count' column but it is empty. Is there a way to fix this?
Always? Or sometimes?
Also why am I getting different results when I tick 'url' vs when I tick 'details' for Scrape Tweets.
What search?
I am doing 'Tweet Search' and I am inputting the keyword I'd want the tweets to contain.
If it's a recent search, maybe their are newer tweets
The result I am getting when 'url' is ticked is what I'd like to get. It contains all tweets mentioning the @username I am looking for. The result gives me the urls of the tweets, but I want to get the stats of each tweet specifically the number of views. However, ticking 'details' gives me a different output. How do I fix it?
Different? In what way? The results should be the same, just the output details are different.

Submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

http://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12)&*

And let me know exactly how you are building your search

Regards,
Martin
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

Always. They're always empty in the case of Scrape tweets.

Also I noticed that the 'details' scrape would get only those tweets with media. I opened them one by one and they all contained media. Seems like those tweets without media are not being included in the output for Scrape tweets when 'details' is ticked
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

I just submitted logs. Sorry, I'm doing multiple processes at the same time.

log: 52931
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

What I did is just

Scraper Tab > Scrape Tweets > Tweet Search (recent)

Then I just put the keyword which in this case is the username of our account.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

aritwitter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:26 am Always. They're always empty in the case of Scrape tweets.

Also I noticed that the 'details' scrape would get only those tweets with media. I opened them one by one and they all contained media. Seems like those tweets without media are not being included in the output for Scrape tweets when 'details' is ticked
thanks for your findings, I will test, sounds like something is causing an error on the details scrape due to a twitter change and causing the results to not be stored.

I'll check the tweet count as well IIRC twitter used to handle the view counter in a weird way, probably they've updated it and the program needs an update to scrape it again
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

Thanks! will wait for your update :))
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

views and details output type fixed

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin