Getting started

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
0xpc88

Getting started

Post by 0xpc88 »

Hi,

First off, kudos on the tool rootjazz, looks to be powerful and capable of many things. I've had a play about and after some fiddling successfully had my account log in through the app. I've checked the YouTube vids but they're hard to follow due to the mic cutting in and out so rather than bumbling around and avoid getting frustrated, thought I'd post my specific needs and see if you could help.

If there's a thread out there that already explains how, please link me to it. What I'm after is:

1. ability on a periodic basis to like (and retweet if poss), tweets that contain a certain search term. I tried this through 'Search Like - 2 Timeline with filter' but the 2 posts liked never had the search term at all? Would this feature be limited to only trawling through the timeline or is there a way to configure how it finds tweets containing the search term?

2. Similar to 1, except going beyond liking, how to comment on tweets that contain search term?

3. what's the easiest and least pain free way of scheduling a large number of tweets? Can I import a text file with one line per tweet? What about if some tweets include an image?

4. somewhat related to 2, on the scheduled tweets, how would I go about automatically liking and replying to each comment?

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Getting started

Post by martin@rootjazz »

0xpc88 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am I've checked the YouTube vids but they're hard to follow due to the mic cutting in an
Those are the old videos, I need to remove them:

Getting Started with Twitterdub (new for 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... swlBFQBn8J

All new tutorials: (new for 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rQItYJO4bU

If there's a thread out there that already explains how, please link me to it. What I'm after is:

Tutorials: http://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

Some help guides here as well as the YT channel

1. ability on a periodic basis to like (and retweet if poss), tweets that contain a certain search term.

LIKE / RETWEET tab (both or you can use a pre action)
Custom Search:
Step:
TWEET SEARCH (RECENT) or (POPULAR)

I tried this through 'Search Like - 2 Timeline with filter' but the 2 posts liked never had the search term at all? Would this feature be limited to only trawling through the timeline or is there a way to configure how it finds tweets containing the search term?
yes you are searching your timeline:
https://twitter.com/home

IF you want to search, then do a TWEET SEARCH as above

2. Similar to 1, except going beyond liking, how to comment on tweets that contain search term?
Same as above, but on the COMMENT tab and set your tweet replies :-)

You can use search drop down that has some basic searches - default is TWEET SEARCH, but you can also use CUSTOM SEARCH

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W2KnNciPI

Honestly, you need to learn how to use CUSTOM SEARCH
3. what's the easiest and least pain free way of scheduling a large number of tweets? Can I import a text file with one line per tweet? What about if some tweets include an image?
you can tweet from file yes

To include a media via a text token:
media tokens:
#media:<filepath>#
#media:c:\path\to\file.jpg#
#media:c:\path\to\file.mp4#

Random image from directory

#media:<directory>#
#media:c:\path\to\medias#
#media:c:\user\martin\desktop\images#
#media:c:\images\#

multiple medias:
#media:c:\path\to\file.mp4,c:\path\to\file3.mp4,c:\path\to\file4.mp4#

All medias in a directory

#dir:<directory>#
#dir:c:\path\to\medias#
#dir:c:\path\to\medias#
#dir:c:\user\martin\desktop\images#
#dir:c:\images\#

4. somewhat related to 2, on the scheduled tweets, how would I go about automatically liking and replying to each comment?
I don't quite understand.
What scheduled tweets?
Who will like / reply?

Depending how you want to do it, will depend on how to do it.

Maybe you want AUTO POST BOOST
or AUTO MASS CREATE

Which can boost your posts made in TD with other accounts in TD automatically. Tutorials board has help for those. Bit more advanced, so wait until you have understood everything in this thread
0xpc88

Post by 0xpc88 »

Wow, thank you! Let me digest this info and spend more time with the tool and I'll be back with clearer questions once I've got a bit more experience under my belt.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

0xpc88 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm Wow, thank you! Let me digest this info and spend more time with the tool and I'll be back with clearer questions once I've got a bit more experience under my belt.
Or just pick one thing you want to do. And try that. Don't try and do 10 things at once. It will be quicker and less frustrating to do 10x1 things, rather than 1x10 things.

So do a tweet search first. Do it with a SEARCH DROPDOWN search. Just 1-2 items
Then do a CUSTOM SEARCH again 1-2 items
Check out the pause / repeat options. See what they do.

Then can try a media token reply. Got that working?

Ok lets try from a file

etc etc

Then at any stage you are having trouble, post up your specific issue / question .I can give a clear answer to that without a deluge of information (like above) and it's quicker /easier for you :-)

Regards,
Martin