Phone Numbers for New Accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
aritwitter

Phone Numbers for New Accounts

Post by aritwitter »

I have new accounts created just last month, and according to X's new policy, new accounts need to unlock their account with a $1/year fee. I'm fine with paying the fee, but the issue is that it requires a phone number for subscription and verification.

Do you have any workarounds for this? Obviously, I don't have phone numbers for each of the accounts I have. What is your usual approach for obtaining phone numbers? Or is there any way to avoid providing phone numbers? Any suggestions?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Phone Numbers for New Accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I have no idea, I haven't looked at how the whole payment system works or how you would go about doing it.

Or how would you pay for multiple accounts and not be tied to them?

But if you just need to use a phone number, then you can rent phone numbers from the SMS services. Some are listed in the program on the SETTINGS tab. That would be a place to start
aritwitter

Post by aritwitter »

Do you have a tutorial on how to configure Captcha and SMS in Twitterdub settings (vid or thread here in forum)? Just wanna make sure I understand what to do before we purchase any thing.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not specifically. Sign up with an SMS service, add funds to your account, enter your API KEY to the settings tab.

Then twitterdub will request a phone number if twitterdub ask you to auth a phone number.

WARNING you do not own this number, if you need to revalidate a month from now, probably you cannot use the phone number. It's a one off type thing.

Better to use email verification as you can revalidate the email at a later date