Follow actions details

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
sheenue

Follow actions details

Post by sheenue »

Hey there Martin, hope you are doing great.

I have a few questions:

1. For example I have 100 accounts and run search a hashtag and follow 1 of the likers of any of 10 posts. I also have unique items checkbox checked. Shared accounts checkbox unchecked. I checked 100 accounts and have 100 threads, I click the Follow button to begin the process (100 processes).

What will happens next? All 100 accounts would find the same posts at the same time and will follow the same people (or have a chance to follow the same)? Or unique items mean that all the followers would be unique?

2. Same situation, but shared accounts checkbox is checked. I checked 100 accounts and have 100 threads, click the Follow button to begin the process (1 process).
So as could understand, shared account checkbox means that the action would be shared with all the accounts. In my case If I need the same results (1 follow of 1 of the likers) I need to set max_actions to 100, so I'll have 1 follow per 1 account, is that right?

Also what would happen if some of the accounts will have captcha error or failed login, does this action will split between remaining accounts, meaning that some accounts will follow more than 1 follower?

3. What fluctuate exactly do? Is that a random time or random max actions? Or something else?

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow actions details

Post by martin@rootjazz »

sheenue wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:35 am
What will happens next? All 100 accounts would find the same posts at the same time and will follow the same people (or have a chance to follow the same)? Or unique items mean that all the followers would be unique?
With shared unchecked, the accounts will most likely process the same items unless you have specified a global log to make them unique
2. Same situation, but shared accounts checkbox is checked. I checked 100 accounts and have 100 threads, click the Follow button to begin the process (1 process).
So as could understand, shared account checkbox means that the action would be shared with all the accounts. In my case If I need the same results (1 follow of 1 of the likers) I need to set max_actions to 100, so I'll have 1 follow per 1 account, is that right?
The search action runs, finds the (n) required results. Lets assume you want 500 results (5x100)
Then the 500 results are processed, 100 at a time, account selected and instructed to process the item.
This carries on until the 500 are complete.

Also what would happen if some of the accounts will have captcha error or failed login, does this action will split between remaining accounts, meaning that some accounts will follow more than 1 follower?
if 99 of your accounts stop working, then the one remaining account will process all items (unless you have specified a daily limit to not process more than (x) in 24 hours
3. What fluctuate exactly do? Is that a random time or random max actions? Or something else?
Max items = 100
fluctuate: 10

max items is random between 90 and 110 (100+-10)

Regards,
Martin

To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ASSIGN (add)
What this does is sync all select accounts together their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)

http://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11027