I want search/reply with images

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
CNC

Re: I want search/reply with images

Post by CNC »

and yes I know u said under assign tweet but it doesnt explain when where or how
CNC

Post by CNC »

aaand 30mins later I now know how to add text too.
but jesus its an astounding amount of time to use alone to figure things out. I must humbly suggest you to make some more detailed guides. Otherwise, fantastic product.
So, now, the only thing im unsure about is, I want it to only work with the latest tweet, and check every 5min, how do I set it for that? and do I just use regular spintax where I added text to the token?
CNC

Post by CNC »

Nevermind, it didnt include the text, so I still need a thorough how-to post an image with text.

nvm now I actually figured it out.

I just dont understand why it doesnt say anywhere ''if you want to add text to the image tweet, just add it above the files''?? haha
Could have saved me loads of time and feelings.
CNC

Post by CNC »

Now my next question is, can I make it so I auto retweet my reply to their tweet to my timeline?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

CNC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:21 am aaand 30mins later I now know how to add text too.
Have you seen the tutorials?

Getting Started with Twitterdub (new for 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... swlBFQBn8J

All new tutorials: (new for 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rQItYJO4bU
but jesus its an astounding amount of time to use alone to figure things out. I must humbly suggest you to make some more detailed guides. Otherwise, fantastic product.
Any feedback on what beginners want to know / cannot do / need help with appreciated. It's impossible for me to look at the program with new eyes. Everything makes perfect sense to me :-D
So, now, the only thing im unsure about is, I want it to only work with the latest tweet, and check every 5min, how do I set it for that? and do I just use regular spintax where I added text to the token?

--------------------------------
MASS action with PROFILE MONITOR option.

It will always check the latest tweet only. This allows you to use multiple accounts to process the latest tweet

Or you can do it with SEARCH AND REPLY
with a custom search of
LATEST TWEET

This will just use one account to process the result

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W2KnNciPI
CNC

Post by CNC »

Yes i've watched them all, thorougly, multiple times, and now im back to nothing working. Could I please have a short call with you when you're available? whats ur available hours?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

CNC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 pm Yes i've watched them all, thorougly, multiple times, and now im back to nothing working.
What's not working, everything is currently working as far as I am aware.

Please specify what you are doing, how you are doing it and what you mean by "nothing working"
Could I please have a short call with you when you're available? whats ur available hours?
One to one support is not available as an initial option. Perhaps later on if we cannot get you up and running, but first we need to try and sort it. 99/100 we can

Please include details. READ AND PROVIDE ALL THE REQUESTED DETAILS, otherwise I will just have to ask you for the details again and it will delay getting a solution / fix to you

What you did
How you did it
instructions to replicate / screenshots showing the process
What happened?
What didn't happen?
What did you expect to happen?
Why do you think it didn't work, what did you see? Copy any log section you saw

Include raw logs:
Right click the action > RAW LOGS > copy and send me the contents of the file that opens.

Generate issue specific logs:

Please perform the following:

Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. Then pause all (or delete) ALL actions must be waiting / paused,

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > DELETE

Perform a test action to cause the issue you are experiencing:
<Run your action>

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Submit your logs:

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
3090goBRRRT

Post by 3090goBRRRT »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:48 pm Any feedback on what beginners want to know / cannot do / need help with appreciated. It's impossible for me to look at the program with new eyes. Everything makes perfect sense to me :-D

I, also, very much, want the easy ability to drop image-only comments; especially at the followers of account X or in advanced pre-actions maybe. I saw the media tokens that you mentioned. If I only include the media tag it will be an image-only comment?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

3090goBRRRT wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:13 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:48 pm Any feedback on what beginners want to know / cannot do / need help with appreciated. It's impossible for me to look at the program with new eyes. Everything makes perfect sense to me :-D

I, also, very much, want the easy ability to drop image-only comments; especially at the followers of account X or in advanced pre-actions maybe. I saw the media tokens that you mentioned. If I only include the media tag it will be an image-only comment?
Yes, include a media token only and you will reply with an image only

media tokens:
#media:<filepath>#
#media:c:\path\to\file.jpg#
#media:c:\path\to\file.mp4#

Random image from directory

#media:<directory>#
#media:c:\path\to\medias#
#media:c:\user\martin\desktop\images#
#media:c:\images\#

multiple medias:
#media:c:\path\to\file.mp4,c:\path\to\file3.mp4,c:\path\to\file4.mp4#

All medias in a directory

#dir:<directory>#
#dir:c:\path\to\medias#
#dir:c:\path\to\medias#
#dir:c:\user\martin\desktop\images#
#dir:c:\images\#
CNC

Post by CNC »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:22 pm
CNC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 pm Yes i've watched them all, thorougly, multiple times, and now im back to nothing working.
What's not working, everything is currently working as far as I am aware.

Please specify what you are doing, how you are doing it and what you mean by "nothing working"
Could I please have a short call with you when you're available? whats ur available hours?
One to one support is not available as an initial option. Perhaps later on if we cannot get you up and running, but first we need to try and sort it. 99/100 we can

Please include details. READ AND PROVIDE ALL THE REQUESTED DETAILS, otherwise I will just have to ask you for the details again and it will delay getting a solution / fix to you

What you did
How you did it
instructions to replicate / screenshots showing the process
What happened?
What didn't happen?
What did you expect to happen?
Why do you think it didn't work, what did you see? Copy any log section you saw

Include raw logs:
Right click the action > RAW LOGS > copy and send me the contents of the file that opens.

Generate issue specific logs:

Please perform the following:

Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. Then pause all (or delete) ALL actions must be waiting / paused,

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > DELETE

Perform a test action to cause the issue you are experiencing:
<Run your action>

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Submit your logs:

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin

Hi Martin. So I'm kinda up running, kinda. but Iface 2 problems. it posts on the same tweets if I had to pause it over night or had to shutdown my pc. How do I combat this?
question 2 kinda leaps into this as well - is there away for me to tell it only to tweet onto posts no older than 1 hours etc?