Fix Scrape Module

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
tymedia

Fix Scrape Module

Post by tymedia »

Hi there,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to inquire about the functionality of SoundCloud Manager on SoundCloud. Unfortunately, I'm facing difficulties in extracting cookies to synchronize my account with SCM. I diligently followed your instructions on extracting cookies through Python, but I'm still unable to proceed. My sole objective is to scrape emails, nothing more.

In the past, I was able to scrape data without requiring an account. However, the current situation necessitates the use of an account. I appreciate your efforts in keeping up with the modifications SoundCloud implements, constantly updating SCM accordingly. I have one question though, what does the future hold for SCM when websites alter their protocols and Web 3 integration gains prominence? Pound for pound, I believe SCM stands out as the finest automation software available. I understand that the internet is evolving, and I am hopeful that SCM will seamlessly adapt to these changes.

In the meantime, working on the scraping module
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Fix Scrape Module

Post by martin@rootjazz »

browser mode is broken, see the specific thread on it. Hopefully it be back soon
tymedia

So what modules are actually working at this current moment

Post by tymedia »

Hello

So what modules are currently working at this very moment

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: So what modules are actually working at this current moment

tymedia wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:16 am Hello

So what modules are currently working at this very moment

Thanks
with the last update, all of them (account creation module removed)
slikoe

Post by slikoe »

The idea of using an account for scraping is stupid. It doesn't add anything but wasting time and energy.
I do not know why on earth Martin change it this way. If for some reason I cant log in then no scraping?????
Next update should be scraping without the necessity of an account like the good old days!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

slikoe wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:20 pm The idea of using an account for scraping is stupid. It doesn't add anything but wasting time and energy.
I do not know why on earth Martin change it this way. If for some reason I cant log in then no scraping?????
Because soundcloud made an update meaning you couldn't really scrape without being logged in. They would return a page or two or results, or sometimes nothing and redirect you to the login page.
Next update should be scraping without the necessity of an account like the good old days!
Email soundcloud and ask them to remove their update, and whilst you are at it, can you ask them to make the site easy to bot like it was in 2012, that would really help me out tbh

Let me know how you get on
Cheers