Chrome Browser not working

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Chrome Browser not working

Post by martin@rootjazz »

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

Hopefully working now.

Installer is a bit larger, I think I've included some libraries that are redundant, but it will be a bit of a hassle to remove them and I wanted to get the initial upload up ASAP.

Will work on reducing the installer size for next update for the coming days

Regards,
Martin
Just A User

Post by Just A User »

👍

Thank you Martin 3/3 successful first try :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just A User wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:23 am 👍

thanks for confirming, had a report it's not working for someone, so am interested to get more feedback on whether it's working for others:
sleepyboi

Post by sleepyboi »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:45 pm
Just A User wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:23 am 👍

thanks for confirming, had a report it's not working for someone, so am interested to get more feedback on whether it's working for others:
Confirmed it's working for me too. Thanks again Martin!
forproton

Post by forproton »

Thank you Martin for the update!

The chrome browser now not closing instantly, but I'm unable to create new accounts. Previously I was using the "Browser Generate Cookies" function to make accounts too, but now SC detects something wrong with the browser, and bans the request and email.

At first it shows a new anti-bot puzzle to complete a picture, and when I complete it, it shows a message for possible reasons of ban:

- too fast (not human like) speed of creating the account. - But I did it very slow too at many times.
- problem with the browser, JS not working properly
- "there is a bot on the IP" - I tried it by using real and local IP too

I have never experienced this before. Maybe there were changes on SC side at the same time to detect the bots better?
sleepyboi

Post by sleepyboi »

forproton wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:19 am Thank you Martin for the update!

The chrome browser now not closing instantly, but I'm unable to create new accounts. Previously I was using the "Browser Generate Cookies" function to make accounts too, but now SC detects something wrong with the browser, and bans the request and email.

At first it shows a new anti-bot puzzle to complete a picture, and when I complete it, it shows a message for possible reasons of ban:

- too fast (not human like) speed of creating the account. - But I did it very slow too at many times.

I have never experienced this before. Maybe there were changes on SC side at the same time to detect the bots better?
I have been using the same method as you and I'm facing what you're facing. I'd gladly donate to get this issue looked at
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

there is not an account creation module in the program at this time. At a guess the captcha can detect you are using a controlled browser.

Just use your normal web browser if you're doing it manually.

Open a private / incognito window.
sleepyboi

Post by sleepyboi »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:42 pm

there is not an account creation module in the program at this time. At a guess the captcha can detect you are using a controlled browser.

The benefit of doing it the way we were doing it was it was mostly automatic, SCM would just try to login but because there's no account yet Soundcloud would make an account for those details and we just had to do the captcha. As well as this the cookies would already be attached to the account so instead of creating it in another browser then importing the accounts then having to login and do captchas for every account.

There's no chance you can take a look at it? It would be a huge help to be able to create accounts this way
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sleepyboi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:21 am

The benefit of doing it the way we were doing it was it was mostly automatic, SCM would just try to login but because there's no account yet Soundcloud would make an account for those details and we just had to do the captcha. As well as this the cookies would already be attached to the account so instead of creating it in another browser then importing the accounts then having to login and do captchas for every account.

There's no chance you can take a look at it? It would be a huge help to be able to create accounts this way
If the captcha is not letting you solve it manually because it has identified a controlled browser, not sure what I can do. Sorry, but honestly, to look into an issue that exists for a couple of users using a module it was not intended for, which is going to be very technical and incredible complex to resolve with a huge time cost, I cannot justify the amount of time.

If you have a solution, that I just need to plug in (find another automatable browser with selenium bindings so existing code just works and I just need to open it, then perhaps can look at it)

Sorry
sleepyboi

Post by sleepyboi »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:16 pm
sleepyboi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:21 am

If the captcha is not letting you solve it manually because it has identified a controlled browser, not sure what I can do. Sorry, but honestly, to look into an issue that exists for a couple of users using a module it was not intended for, which is going to be very technical and incredible complex to resolve with a huge time cost, I cannot justify the amount of time.

If you have a solution, that I just need to plug in (find another automatable browser with selenium bindings so existing code just works and I just need to open it, then perhaps can look at it)

Sorry
Yeah that's understandable, no worries!