do you need proxies?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

do you need proxies?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi

>> Can I run normally on wifi
yes
>> or do I need proxies?
no
should I use proxies?
Depends, generally if you have more than 3-5 accounts, yes you should.

Do you want to hide from twitter you are controlling this account? Then yes you should use proxies

>> Or is it possible to run on VPN?
yes

--------------------------------

Let me try and explain better :-)

Proxies allow you to hide the IP of who is controlling the account. You can use proxies in your browser, you can use them in the app. If you normally connect to your twitter account manually through your browser with a proxy, then you may want to use a proxy in the app, but if you don't use a proxy manually, then you do not need to use one in the app. If you log into your account(s) with your local IP, do the same with the app. There is nothing to hide.

But, if you want to control 100 accounts, then you cannot do this from a single IP, so you do need to hide, one person is controlling 100 accounts, so you would need proxies.

As for a VPN, a VPN just changes the base IP of the machine you are using. Every app on the machine will automatically route through the VPN IP, it's a low level network protocol, that applications are not aware of, they use it without knowledge automatically. Proxies are in the application layer network protocol, meaning applications are proxy aware and can choose which network HTTP request is routed through which proxy.

If that doesn't make sense, just go with the yes/no/yes answers above :-)

Regards,
Martin

)
Harmony Agency

Re: do you need proxies?

Post by Harmony Agency »

Hello, how many proxies were you recommend per profile? Say we did have 100 accounts to manage, how many singular proxies for X number of accounts? Thank you.