2 question about unfollow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lavalamp

2 question about unfollow

Post by lavalamp »

hey there. just a question about unfollow
if I want to unfollow the account followed outside of TD. i only just need to unchecked the box. If I run the unfollow, it will scrape first for the account to be unfollow (default scraping is 5000).

now my question is.... does the bot will scrape again the next time unfollow action run? or it will continue to unfollow the account it was scrape the first time it run?
I'm asking this coz im afraid if I run unfollow action together with follow action, the bot might unfollow the accounts that was just recently followed

my 2nd question is, does "FluctuateMaxItemsTodo" is to fluctuate the number of item to unfollow? for example, if unfollow is set to 2 then i have this FluctuateMaxItemsTodo set to 1. then the bot will fluctuate the number of item to unfollow to 1-3? is that right?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: 2 question about unfollow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lavalamp wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:16 pm hey there. just a question about unfollow
if I want to unfollow the account followed outside of TD. i only just need to unchecked the box. If I run the unfollow, it will scrape first for the account to be unfollow (default scraping is 5000).

now my question is.... does the bot will scrape again the next time unfollow action run? or it will continue to unfollow the account it was scrape the first time it run?
I'm asking this coz im afraid if I run unfollow action together with follow action, the bot might unfollow the accounts that was just recently followed
Program will scrape each time the action runs. It will try and scrape all your followings, then unfollow the oldest.

With twitter limits not quite strict I probably should store the followings for next run.

my 2nd question is, does "FluctuateMaxItemsTodo" is to fluctuate the number of item to unfollow? for example, if unfollow is set to 2 then i have this FluctuateMaxItemsTodo set to 1. then the bot will fluctuate the number of item to unfollow to 1-3? is that right?
it should :-)
lavalamp

Post by lavalamp »

thanks for the reply and glad to know that it will unfollow the oldest first
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lavalamp wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:05 am thanks for the reply and glad to know that it will unfollow the oldest first
it "should"
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

program will record the followings scraped then on future repeats will reuse those scraped followings to avoid over scraping.
The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
lavalamp

Post by lavalamp »

Thanks a lot really appreciated it.

and also you ask me to remind you to include the network failure option next update (options where we set how many retry the bot will do or something like that)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lavalamp wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:16 pm Thanks a lot really appreciated it.

and also you ask me to remind you to include the network failure option next update (options where we set how many retry the bot will do or something like that)
next update
TOOLS > SETTINGS > NETWORK RETRIES > RETRIES
set the value to 0
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin