Chaining actions for certain account

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
its2l82die

Chaining actions for certain account

Post by its2l82die »

Hey Martin, me again :oops:

I have a questions or a suggestion not sure if this feature exists.

I have an account that does, lets say, about 80 different actions, not at the same time but spread in the processor, what I want it to do though, is to perform 2 actions in a chained manner, so lets say 1 completes instantly a pre-determined (linked/chained action to the first one) starts after, disregarding the schedule of the other actions of that account and once the 2nd one completes(or fails) the other actions are free to perform as per their schedule.

is there such a feature? that maybe I am not aware of or could it be implemented. if there is non?

I am aware of schedules, I just don't want to make my accounts seem too bot like by performing always at the same time, I do like to randomize my schedules a lot so that would make it hard to chain 2 specific actions together (for the 80 actions)

I also fluctuate their repeat times so that makes it even harder to chain 2 actions together.
its2l82die

Re: Chaining actions for certain account

Post by its2l82die »

is there such a feature? that maybe I am not aware of or could it be implemented. if there is non?
I am also aware of multi search but, that conflicts if I need one action to have filters and the other to not have filters.

Also on somewhat related note, I noticed you added "randomize over hours from date" which is a nice feature(randomization is key to not behave as a bot), I find it hard to randomize say 1000 actions over 2 hours, I have to select manually each group of ~50 actions and do it for every bundle of 50... would it be possible to let's say do "randomize X in selection over hours"?

Daily when I turn on TWDB I have to sit and do the randomizations :lol: (still a small price to pay for all the functions TWDB provides, don't know what I would do without it)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

its2l82die wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:31 am Hey Martin, me again :oops:

I have a questions or a suggestion not sure if this feature exists.

I have an account that does, lets say, about 80 different actions, not at the same time but spread in the processor, what I want it to do though, is to perform 2 actions in a chained manner, so lets say 1 completes instantly a pre-determined (linked/chained action to the first one) starts after, disregarding the schedule of the other actions of that account and once the 2nd one completes(or fails) the other actions are free to perform as per their schedule.

No, not supported at this time

Technically, it COULD be implemented. I don't really see much point in it personally, nor has there ever been such a request, so I don't think it is in much demand. I also have about a million feature suggestions people have made, which are basically custom features for them and their specific work flow. Fact is I just cannot implement them all. So it has to be the most requested / the most useful etc.

However, your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Gotcha, would have been nice to have the feature, but i guess i could find a workaround maybe
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

its2l82die wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:35 am Gotcha, would have been nice to have the feature, but i guess i could find a workaround maybe
yes it would be nice to have. I can sort of see why you might want it. But as above, it's basically a time call. Right now I just don't really have time for features. Lots of updates to fix broken functionality required due to site changes. Those are my priorities.

If I had infinite time then I could, but I don't. So right now. It's on the suggestions list.

Sorry
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Infinite time or manpower :lol:

But yea for sure fixing broken stuff due to twitter is priority for sure, critical bugs are always a priority