Remark on Mass Liking

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
temu

Remark on Mass Liking

Post by temu »

When one do a mass like off e.g. 200 url's with 4 accounts checked, I see that you make 200 actions in the processor; in each action you do 4 likes. So what tumblr sees is this: like1 in blog A - like1 in blog B - like1 in blog C - like 1 in blog D - like2 in blog A - ....
I think this is not a natural way of working. I would expect 200 likes in blog A followed by 200 likes in blog B followed by ....
Is it possible to change the 200 actions of 4 likes into 4 actions of 200 likes? And this without having to launch MAss Like 4 times (what I have to do for the moment to obtain this).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Remark on Mass Liking

Post by martin@rootjazz »

When one do a mass like off e.g. 200 url's with 4 accounts checked, I see that you make 200 actions in the processor; in each action you do 4 likes. So what tumblr sees is this: like1 in blog A - like1 in blog B - like1 in blog C - like 1 in blog D - like2 in blog A - ....
yes this is how mass likes work. It is more of a way for you to boost YOUR likes with your army of accounts. Not really to like other specified blogs. Like you say, you end up with 200 actions, which is a quite a lot.

What you want is to use the SEARCH AND LIKE tab. And load in a file path of URLs to like.

This would create 4 actions action, where the account would like all posts
I would expect 200 likes in blog A followed by 200 likes in blog B followed by ....
jsut like this :)
temu

Post by temu »

I think we have a different approach on liking :)
I only use the search in the early stages of a blog as an addition. In general I am only interessed in blogs that send me traffic. And I look for posts on these blogs to like them (I have a script for that).
But never mind. Ir's not a big deal.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Then I don't understand what you were saying your issue is.

Can you explain. Because from what I understood, all you have to do is use the normal like tab and not the mass like tab and enter a file path to do what you want to do
temu

Post by temu »

I don't use search terms to do the bulk of my likes. I use the url's of posts. And I scrape these posts from a limited number of well determined blogs (I don't use TJ to do this scraping).
To use url's for liking I have to use the Mass Liking (as far as I know the normal liking uses search terms).
Also I use the same url's for several of my accounts.
I have e.g. a text file with 230 url's that I use for 4 accounts, a text file with 100 url's that I use for 2 accounts, and so on.
For the text file with 230 url's this means that TJ makes 230 actions. In every action the same url is liked in 4 blogs. This happens 230 times which might turn on some alarm bells in tumblr as this is not how one would worh manually (1 like in 4 accounts, another like in the same 4 accounts, ... and this 230 times.
My original question was if it was possible to make 4 actions (1 for each account) with 230 likes in each action.

But this should not be a big deal. Instead of launching 1 Mass Like (1 text file) for 4 accounts I launch the same text file 4 times. It's a bit more work but it' can be done. A disadvantage is that TJ makes a couple of thousands actions that way (I do several thousands of likes each day and TJ makes 1 action for every like I would do with it).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

To use url's for liking I have to use the Mass Liking (as far as I know the normal liking uses search terms).
no, you can enter a file path, that file path should point to a text file, one URL per line
temu

Post by temu »

The gui is a bit confusing about it but indeed it works. And that is very good news :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

temu wrote:The gui is a bit confusing.....
My speciality