Plans on 64bit / Memory Issues

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Plans on 64bit / Memory Issues

Post by martin@rootjazz »

it's the RAM allocated towards the software.
This should be all handled by the MS .Net framework. IT extrapolates the allotting of memory away from the app dev to the MS frameworks engineers, who frankly would do a better job than I ever would. I doubt the problem is there end.
You don't have a continuous block of memory in order to allocate
This is suggested, but the program is not trying to allocate a bit block of memory at all. Or shouldn't do.

When you run the program, are you running HEAVILY multi threaded? 100s of processor threads all multi threaded?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

So memory fragmentation seems the most likely cause, but that doesn't make so much sense, as if the underlying program had issues, this would effect more people. But you are the only one having it (that I am aware of).

Do you regulary restart your machine? Or just leave it on for weeks at a time?
Rkay

Post by Rkay »

Nope, I have a pagefile of exact the same size of my RAM and being on my SSD - the SSD is continously monitored.
Currently running totally 5 actions - allow single action multi thread on 1 - and still occuring. Even by sequentially going through actions - after about 20 actions the issue comes back, no matter how much RAM actually is used. Until now I didn't see any usage below 200MB when it occured.
Rkay

Post by Rkay »

Mhn, i'm going to do some memory allocation checks and try to profile the hole situation... maybe this gives some more information. it's been a while since I did that last time - but it should clearly tell us if memory frag. is the real problem :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Final question.

Is there are particular action that causes this or could it be any action?

I mean do search and like actions more often cause this error than search and follow?