posting duplicate images when checked unique

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
maVen

Re: posting duplicate images when checked unique

Post by maVen »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Fixed this so it will be in the next update
Happened again tonight, the watch folder has no image there after the watch folder process moved it to watchcmdupload even though it failed.

LOG ID: 25844
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

as mentioned in the other thread, I was able to generate similar results today and found the cause (undetected limit by tumblr was returned in the message)

http://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

If can try that as it stopped the 10 failed attempts for me.

the watch folder has no image there after the watch folder process moved it to watchcmdupload even though it failed.
That is correct (insofar as that is what it is supposed to do by design - whether it should or not can be argued). The image is detected in the watch folder, an action is created to upload the image. The image is moved to a watchwaiting folder so it will not be picked up on another loop of the watch.
maVen

Post by maVen »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
the watch folder has no image there after the watch folder process moved it to watchcmdupload even though it failed.
That is correct (insofar as that is what it is supposed to do by design - whether it should or not can be argued). The image is detected in the watch folder, an action is created to upload the image. The image is moved to a watchwaiting folder so it will not be picked up on another loop of the watch.
.. but if TJ fails to post it, then shouldn't it put the image back where it got it from, otherwise you're losing content you've spent time collecting/creating, as it is, it disappears into a void actually created by TJ, never to be seen again.

It must put it back, it's the proper course of action - can you do this please.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

maVen wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:
.. but if TJ fails to post it, then shouldn't it put the image back where it got it from, otherwise you're losing content you've spent time collecting/creating, as it is, it disappears into a void actually created by TJ, never to be seen again.

It must put it back, it's the proper course of action - can you do this please.
I understand your reasoning. The issue is, the post image action, doesn't know what created it (whether watch folder or a manually created upload routine). It just has a list of file paths and parameters for it to upload.

Thus, if the image fails to upload, it will still be in your watchupload folder (as it is the watch routine that moves the image here, then creates the image post routine based on that new file path.

I know you made a feature suggestion of foldering the watchupload folder. I will add a move watch folder image back to watch folder on fail to the suggestions list as well