Out of Memory crashes

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
nbhead

Re: Out of Memory crashes

Post by nbhead »

Sorry to say that I still have problems...

Although it is not a out of memory crash anymore, now it is a "ProcCntrl - lc_2114: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

However, some actions still get deleted all together and still the number of images to be posted in an action changes to a much lower number. This happens for some actions, but not all.

Have also send another log: 22628
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I think it is caused by an action referencing an account that doesn't exist.

If that is the case, next update will handle it
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

OK, hope that is it and it will be solved.

Just before I read your reply it crashed again, it is now twice a day, and send the log file already: 22888

But if it is fixed in the new version, then of course there is no need to look at.

Thanks again for looking into it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

http://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

should detect the supposed issue and handle it better
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

It has not been very long, about 12 hours I think and the software is still running, something that hasn't happened in a while, so indeed it looks like to problem is solved!

Will update once more this evening to be sure.

Thank you.
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

Unfortunately it didn't solve any of my problems...

One minute after I posted my previous reply the program crashed and a few actions were screwed up, deleted, wrong numbers, kept on posting and some strange non-existing message which I didn't encounter before.

And now yet again it fully crashed with all the same symptoms as before and I have to, again, re-create many projects.

I now also have a 2nd instance running on a separate VPS for the last 2 days and on that VPS there are no problems, luckily for me.

Is there any way that I can completely reset the program and start fresh? It really sounds like this is my only option now.

Thanks to let me know how to completely start fresh.
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

Very sorry to report that now also on my second VPS I am getting the dreaded system out of memory exception error and subsequent crash...

Below I will post my setup:

Total nr of accounts: 2
Each account has the same type and number of actions, see below
Action 1: Daily stats every 12 hours
Action 2: One keyword follow every 12 hours
Action 3: One like every 12 hours
Action 4: One reblog every 12 hours
Action 5: One unfollow every 12 hours
Action 6: Post 1 +/- 2 images every hour. I have 8,000 images in one folder and Unique uploads only is selected

As you can see on this VPS there is hardly anything at all, but still the same error and crash and in restart the subsequent posting and posting and posting of images until Tumblr limit is reached.

As you stipulated in the other thread, could it be that even 8,000 pictures is simply too much for the program to handle? This is now my next plan of action, to split the folders into 1,000 pictures each and see what happens than.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

let me know how to completely start fresh.

Click the Windows / Start button (or press the Windows key on your keyboard)
In Windows 7 you can type straight into the search box, in XP click run first
Type
%appdata%\rootjazz\

find "tumbling jazz" folder and change the name (tumbling jazz backup) or delete it.

As you stipulated in the other thread, could it be that even 8,000 pictures is simply too much for the program to handle? This is now my next plan of action, to split the folders into 1,000 pictures each and see what happens than.
That has to be it. No one else is having this issue and they have a lot more accounts.

Are you doing any pre-processing to your images? resizing / quality / wtermarking?

What MEMORY does your VPS have?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

For the time being, if you are posting 100 images per day (what number are you posting) and loading 8000 that is 80 days. Try and set 2000 images, so 20 days.
nbhead

Post by nbhead »

OK, thanks.

I am not doing any pre-processing to the images and the images are on average 80 KB each, so very small.

The VPS that only runs your program has 2 MB dedicated memory and 2 MB extra shared, so 4 MB in total.

The VPS that runs your program + 2 others has 4 MB dedicated memory and another 4 MB extra shared, so 8 MB in total.

On average the program should post 48 images per day per account and I understand that I can and now actually have to, lower the amount of images in a folder. It is just that I like to automate things, which is also the reason I bought the software, and I do that by spending a lot of time settings things up and then forget about it for many months, but I guess that is not possible at the moment, hope the memory issue will be fixed at some point though.