Actions in Following Feed

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jasabi

Actions in Following Feed

Post by jasabi »

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to do actions on an accounts following feed? Instead of doing actions based off a profiles latest tweets and having to scrape that 1 user 100s of times, I would like to check the following feed every few minutes over an 8-10 hour period for new tweets and then do actions on them, if they are images or videos. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. Is this currently possible with TwitterDub?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Actions in Following Feed

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You mean your home page? / timeline?

Custom Search step: TIMELINE

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W2KnNciPI
jasabi

Post by jasabi »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:03 pm You mean your home page? / timeline?

Custom Search step: TIMELINE

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W2KnNciPI
Thanks for the quick reply! I have been testing TIMELINE with custom search and it seems to be the "For You" timeline, but I would like to only scrape the "Following" timeline (accounts that are being followed by me) and also only Images/Videos by these accounts and ignore any retweets, as the "Following" timeline gives the most recent tweets of people my account is following. Is this possible?

I'm also curious, whether it is possible to share any of the scraped TIMELINE results from 1 account with other accounts? So there is only 1 account scraping, but sending the results to multiple accounts to interact only ONCE globally across all accounts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

jasabi wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply! I have been testing TIMELINE with custom search and it seems to be the "For You" timeline, but I would like to only scrape the "Following" timeline (accounts that are being followed by me) and also only Images/Videos by these accounts and ignore any retweets, as the "Following" timeline gives the most recent tweets of people my account is following. Is this possible?
Ahh I hadn't realised twitter had changed and it wasn't your following any more, there is a new tab.

I'll get it added for the next update (probably tomorrow)
I'm also curious, whether it is possible to share any of the scraped TIMELINE results from 1 account with other accounts? So there is only 1 account scraping, but sending the results to multiple accounts to interact only ONCE globally across all accounts?
You can set a SCRAPING account, then use the other accounts for the processing.

On the action tabs, click the link above the accounts list SEARCH ACCS. These account(s) will be used for the search, the accounts in the accounts list used for processing

Regards,
Martin