Issue with reply-follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lucidity

Issue with reply-follow

Post by lucidity »

When I try search and reply with follow selected, instead of following replying to the main post, it follows and replies to a comment in that post.

Is there some way to have it follow and reply to just the main post? (Not a commenter under it).
lucidity

Re: Issue with reply-follow

Post by lucidity »

I also noticed, that even without follow checked, its still sometimes replying to an obscure comment in a post, rather than the post itself.

This makes this issue quite critical, as I'm trying to boost engagement. If I post under the main post, everyone can see my reply. However, if the reply is to someone else's comment, typically almost no one will ever see it, making it almost useless.

I'd really appreciate your assistance with this!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lucidity wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:18 pm When I try search and reply with follow selected, instead of following replying to the main post, it follows and replies to a comment in that post.

Is there some way to have it follow and reply to just the main post? (Not a commenter under it).
what search are you running

send me raw logs:
Right click the action > RAW LOGS > copy and send me the contents of the file that opens.

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
and may be useful to see app logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

http://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12078

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lucidity wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:18 pm When I try search and reply with follow selected, instead of following replying to the main post, it follows and replies to a comment in that post.

from the logs you sent, they state
with filter is reply
So you are ONLY including tweet search results that are replies. You are ignoring the original tweets by your filter

Regards,
Martin