How to add avatar & bio to multiple accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lucidity

How to add avatar & bio to multiple accounts

Post by lucidity »

I have say 100 accounts, I would like to automate giving them all an avatar and a bio. I could have the 100 images in a folder, and the 100 bios in a file. Is there some way to do this?

I did look around for videos and here, and looked at the Accounts Update page, but still unsure how to proceed, thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to add avatar & bio to multiple accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

UPDATE ACCOUNTS tab

specify a folder of images for avatar / background
Enter the bios to use - one per line in the control. OR enter a file, one line read from file and assigned to each account

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lucidity

Post by lucidity »

Hi, I tried this and ran into 2 issues:

1. I gave it the folder names for avatars and headers. Each one had 4 images in it for the 4 accounts. However, it used the same avatar and header image for each of the 4 accounts.

2. I copied and pasted the 4 bios to the Bio text box entry area, 1 on each line. However, it did not add any bios to any accounts.

I did all this, then clicked the "Update Accounts" button. Thanks for any insights you could provide on how to fix these issues.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lucidity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am Hi, I tried this and ran into 2 issues:

1. I gave it the folder names for avatars and headers. Each one had 4 images in it for the 4 accounts. However, it used the same avatar and header image for each of the 4 accounts.

2. I copied and pasted the 4 bios to the Bio text box entry area, 1 on each line. However, it did not add any bios to any accounts.

I did all this, then clicked the "Update Accounts" button. Thanks for any insights you could provide on how to fix these issues.
What file types did you have in your image folders?

As for bio, did you leave empty lines?
lucidity

Post by lucidity »

I did not leave any blank lines, just 4 lines, each with a bio of about 80 characters. No other data in any of the boxes in that area. And I checked 4 accounts to process.

The file types in the 2 image folders are all jpg.
lucidity

Post by lucidity »

I looked further at the account log, it appears it tried to add all 4 bio lines to each account, and then got an error for it being too long.

Is something further needed to separate the Bios besides being on separate lines?
lucidity

Post by lucidity »

Actually I just confirmed that the images are working OK, I somehow thought otherwise. So, the bio seems to be the only issue.
lucidity

Post by lucidity »

OK it looks like it wants *** between each line of bio if manually entered, once I did that it worked. So the issues in this thread now resolved, thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lucidity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 pm OK it looks like it wants *** between each line of bio if manually entered, once I did that it worked. So the issues in this thread now resolved, thanks.
ok, my apologies, there is a lack of conformity in the app as I've tried various solutions to various problems uses raised.

Trying to get people to enter a single line with <br> and \n tokens was problematic.
So we tried multi line inputs with a separator token *** you can hold shift and press enter to generate a new input.

Sometimes one method is used, another time the other. Neither are perfect, both cause issues, I don't know which is best lol