Custom Search - Replies

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
sheenue

Custom Search - Replies

Post by sheenue »

Hey there Martin. Hope you are doing well.

I've tried different approaches in "search and comment" custom search tab, but nothing seems to work.

What I wanted is to reply to the same tweet that user replied. But no matter what I did I always get "Warning: no results returned" in logs and a loop.

My way is: User ID -> User Replies -> RepliesToTweet (I think something should be here)
I also tried to go deeper:
User ID -> User Replies -> RepliesToTweet -> CreatorOfTweet (I tried to go from here to latest tweets, but got the initial users tweets, the one that put in search)
User ID -> User Replies -> RepliesToTweet -> Likers/Interactions/Replies again (everything has the same warning and nothing happens)

So I couldn't find the way to do the task.

Help :)

Thanks in advance.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Custom Search - Replies

Post by martin@rootjazz »

sheenue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:28 am Hey there Martin. Hope you are doing well.

I've tried different approaches in "search and comment" custom search tab, but nothing seems to work.

What I wanted is to reply to the same tweet that user replied. But no matter what I did I always get "Warning: no results returned" in logs and a loop.

My way is: User ID -> User Replies -> RepliesToTweet (I think something should be here)
You are searching for the REPLIES to the tweet the user posted as a reply

All you need is
USER REPLIES
And that will get all the replies that user made
sheenue

Post by sheenue »

Hey there.
Well that’s not what I wanted. When I did what you said I just reply to user’s reply, not the tweet he replied to.

Just to make sure that I explained it correctly:

Custom Search - User reply

How it is now, any search settings give me that:
Tweet1 - User1 reply - MyAcc reply

How I want it to be:
Tweet1 - User1 and MyAcc reply to this tweet

So the idea is to look what tweets user commented and comment the same tweet (not user reply).

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sheenue wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:00 am Well that’s not what I wanted. When I did what you said I just reply to user’s reply, not the tweet he replied to.
oh, you want to reply to the tweet the target REPLIED to. Ok I understand. That isn't currently supported, not possible at this time
sheenue

Post by sheenue »

Got it. Would appreciate if you count my vote to create this option if you have a list 🙂

Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sheenue wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:01 am Got it. Would appreciate if you count my vote to create this option if you have a list 🙂

Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
The suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
sheenue

Post by sheenue »

Oh that's great, I'll keep that in mind if I need something asap.

As for this feature, no, it's not that important, coz there are roundabout ways.

thanks a lot for giving such detailed answers, appreciate it.