TwitterDub running while laptop sleeps?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
chdarcy_

TwitterDub running while laptop sleeps?

Post by chdarcy_ »

Hi Martin / Dev Team,

Thank you very much for creating and supporting this automation tool!

I have a question, I've tested TwitterDub by running a process (scheduling 3 posts a day for 5 days for example) and closing my laptop so it sleeps. It seems like when I close my laptop the thread running the processes sleeps. Is there any setting that would allow that thread (or TwitterDub as a whole) to run while my laptop sleeps? I could very well be missing something obvious so apologies if this is a silly question I just got it the start of this week.

If there is no inbuilt way for this, do you have a standard procedure for hosting this on a server?

Thanks again!
Chris
Xiaomi

Re: TwitterDub running while laptop sleeps?

Post by Xiaomi »

You can't put the computer to sleep so the computer won't work anymore, to save energy, you can set the laptop to turn off the screen display after a few minutes, and you also need to set it up, close the lid, and keep him out of sleep.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: TwitterDub running while laptop sleeps?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi,

The program is a desktop application. So you need to install it on a machine and run it. The program must be on and the machine must be on for it to function.

You can think of the program as personal secretary that you give instructions to do.

Search for this
Filter by that
Save results to this file
Perform XYZ on each result in the file.

The secretary then sits at your machine and performs your instructions.

So just like the secretary can not do any work if the machine is not on, the program is not on. Nor can the application

Regards,
Martin