Post by Rev »

Software:
Twitterdub

Version:

(Tab) Processing > (Process) Context Menu

Component:
(Item) Pause

Report:
Even though the status of a process is "Paused", the context menu for the said process still offers the "Pause" context-menu item/option. This happens after an edit has been done by the "Bulk Edit action" context-menu option on the said process.

Expected-Result:
The context-menu for the process should offer the "Restart" item/option after an edit by "Bulk Edit action" option has been done on the said process.

Attachment:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Context Menu Item - Minor Bug Report

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Let me take a look
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

confirmed, unsure what going on, for now, you will need to select PAUSE (even though is currently pause) then next time you can select "restart"

I'll take a better look in the week to see what the real issue is

Regards,
Martin
Rev

Post by Rev »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:08 pm confirmed, unsure what going on, for now, you will need to select PAUSE (even though is currently pause) then next time you can select "restart"

I'll take a better look in the week to see what the real issue is

Regards,
Martin
I was actually doing the workaround you just mentioned but, just figured out that using the "Redo" option on the edited/paused processes and then deleting the original processes is actually way faster in case for the time the software takes to pause and restart the amount of processes.

You see, I actually manage thousands of individual processes and this process itself takes a long time. Maybe it's because of the low-end machine I'm working on but, still. I just wanted to report it. Thanks for your consideration :)
Rev

Post by Rev »

It seems like something has change with the latest update as "Bulk Edit action" doesn't seem to pause the process anymore but, I noticed that having the process available in the "Processing" tab and restarting (closing/re-opening) the software causes the said process to be actually paused. It seems like the true-status of the process is/was "paused" after a "Bulk Edit action" on the said process.

Could you please confirm if anything unexpected happens? Thanks in advance.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

it shouldn't actually pause it.

Whilst editing it is pause, but then it's set back to what the previous status was. So if it was paused, it will be set back to paused, but if it was waiting, it will be set to waiting
Rev

Post by Rev »

Rev wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:14 am It seems like something has change with the latest update as "Bulk Edit action" doesn't seem to pause the process anymore but, I noticed that having the process available in the "Processing" tab and restarting (closing/re-opening) the software causes the said process to be actually paused. It seems like the true-status of the process is/was "paused" after a "Bulk Edit action" on the said process.

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:12 pm it shouldn't actually pause it.

Whilst editing it is pause, but then it's set back to what the previous status was. So if it was paused, it will be set back to paused, but if it was waiting, it will be set to waiting
This is what I meant in my previous comment:

Also, I just noticed this:

Even though it has "Restart" context-menu item, the process begins once the "Run" button in the "Processing" tab is activated. This is not the case if the said bulk-edited process (with the status of "Waiting") kept un-run and the software has restarted. This results in a status change ("Waiting" to "Paused") which is visible in the first image.

It seems like the initial issue is still valid. Just that some of its parts has changed.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Rev wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 pm
Rev wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:14 am It seems like something has change with the latest update as "Bulk Edit action" doesn't seem to pause the process anymore but, I noticed that having the process available in the "Processing" tab and restarting (closing/re-opening) the software causes the said process to be actually paused. It seems like the true-status of the process is/was "paused" after a "Bulk Edit action" on the said process.

Even though it has "Restart" context-menu item, the process begins once the "Run" button in the "Processing" tab is activated. This is not the case if the said bulk-edited process (with the status of "Waiting") kept un-run and the software has restarted. This results in a status change ("Waiting" to "Paused") which is visible in the first image.

It seems like the initial issue is still valid. Just that some of its parts has changed.
Thanks for the clarification. And this is BULK EDIT?

I tested yesterday and was fine for me. Does it always fail like this for you? Or occasionally?
Rev

Post by Rev »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:10 pm
Rev wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 pm

Thanks for the clarification. And this is BULK EDIT?

I tested yesterday and was fine for me. Does it always fail like this for you? Or occasionally?
Yes, I'm using the "Bulk Edit action" context-menu item on the said processes and the mentioned issues seem to happen everytime I use the said context-menu item on the given processes. This effects all types of processes (at least for the ones that I have already tried).

In the simplest way, you could reproduce this by just "Bulk Edit action" a process and checking it's context-menu items. You will see that even though the edited process has the "Waiting" status, it still offers the "Restart" context-menu item (as I shared in my previous comment).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

is the processor on / off
are all the processes waiting? Or a mix?