No API v2 support I suppose?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

No API v2 support I suppose?

Post by bitcoin »

I'm evaluating my future. I expect twitter will still temporarily shadow ban at will when I use web emulator twitter tools? I want to do it all, and a lot. Retweeting, searching, following, RSS, the lot. Tweet adder is gone. I'm pleasantly surprised to still see you around, Martin. But I guess you have no API support for twitter? I was hoping that buying an api key would prevent a lot of triggers that'd limit my account over and over again. Correct? :) I don't want to go through all the drama I encountered past time 😭

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6962
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: No API v2 support I suppose?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The program does not use the API (and hasn't done since that post). 5 years now!

The program replicates the web browser with HTTP requests.

shadowbans are a risk and do happen, but usually it's to do with the accounts, the IPs and more importantly what you are doing.

If you are spamming hard, annoying, repeating same things, doing too much too fast, then it's more likely to happen than if you are acting like a real user, trying to have a some what higher quality and go about things slower.

As to no more drama, unfortunately I cannot promise that, Elon at the control and it's non-stop drama. Now with this X nonsense, who knows. Everything could blow up and end tomorrow, or we could still be here in another 5 years...
bitcoin

Re: No API v2 support I suppose?

Post by bitcoin »

Amen :)