Following from list

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
hubbahubba

Following from list

Post by hubbahubba »

Every time an accounts follows others from a list of urls, it creates a file on my desktop of the accounts just followed. It was fine at first but now my desktop is full of text docs for every action created. Logs 88896
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Following from list

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hubbahubba wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 pm Every time an accounts follows others from a list of urls, it creates a file on my desktop of the accounts just followed. It was fine at first but now my desktop is full of text docs for every action created. Logs 88896
yes it will. The program will never modify your original file, instead it creates file that is used "inprocess" to log the progress of that file processing. But it should only be one additional file per file you tell the program to use.

Or is the issue the program doesn't delete the inprocess file once complete?

I suppose I could use a twitterdub folder to store the inprocess files, at the moment, they are placed in the same directory as the file processing, so if you don't want too many text files on your desktop don't place the original file on the desktop :-p

But let me look into it,I can add a config to give the option so the program uses the %appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub folder...
hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

Lol! I thought something was up but I do have the original file on my desktop :lol: :lol:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Next update:

HELP > CONFIG > OPTIONS > Store inprocess created file in appdata instead of original file directory

Or
HELP > CONFIG > ADD>
sft_inprocess_file_appdata

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hubbahubba wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:25 pm Lol! I thought something was up but I do have the original file on my desktop :lol: :lol:
lol same, my desktop is a mess :lol:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

thanks MArtin just seeing this
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin