"There was a login to your account from a new device"

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
LoftyHawk

"There was a login to your account from a new device"

Post by LoftyHawk »

TwitterDub Version 3.406

For some reason, when my accounts are arkosed (not sure if this issue is causing them to be arkosed more often than they should be, but my accounts are kinda spammy so I understand) all processes for that account that run after seem to cause the Twitter account to have a bunch of notifications saying a new device has logged in. The useragent is always the same in these notifs, and the IP location is as well. If I unlock the account by completing the arkose, there is no new device logins until after it is locked again (to my best knowledge).

I have checked a few times and i'm 90% sure this is only happening after the account requires arkose captcha to be done.

Each account is running 3 processes, one per account at a time. Post video, search like, and search reply tweet. Each IP I'm using is running 3 accounts (I know it's a lot for each IP). I understand my setup may have a lot of arkose checks and that's fine, but would love this "new device" issue to be solved.

Log ID: 57506
^ submitted last day only because it's happened enough during this time
Thank you for your help and your program has worked wonders for me! :D

edit: want to clarify I have uninstalled TwitterDub using the uninstaller and wiped my %appdata% directory, then reinstalled and replaced my database, and the issue persists.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: "There was a login to your account from a new device"

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The useragent is always the same in these notifs, and the IP location is as well. If I unlock the account by completing the arkose, there is no new device logins until after it is locked again (to my best knowledge
If they are not using IP / usergant, then I can only think there is a cookie that is regenerating that can trigger this. Let me check on this and see if I can find anything (probably I won't but I can make changes so future updates will hopefully log more details that can help resolve this

Regards,
Martin

S
Emin

Post by Emin »

this problem has been observed for a long time, I noticed it a long time ago, yes, if you can fix it, it will be very good
LoftyHawk

Post by LoftyHawk »

Thank you Martin for looking into this and thanks to Emin for clarifying this issue has been seen before. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

If issue happens again, submit logs. Hopefully there will be more logging there to give me an idea if I am on the right track as to what may be causing this if the UA / IP is the same
LoftyHawk

Post by LoftyHawk »

Seems to still be happening. Submitted full logs, ID: 92813

My accounts might be getting arkosed less, but probably not a client side reason for that. Thanks for looking!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

LoftyHawk wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:14 am Seems to still be happening. Submitted full logs, ID: 92813

My accounts might be getting arkosed less, but probably not a client side reason for that. Thanks for looking!
thanks will look, hopefully something there in your logs
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

your logs are huge. can you give me some info on the account(s) with this issue please so I know somewhat what to look for

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
Email anything private

Regards,
Martin