Restricted from DM's?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Alexiom

Restricted from DM's?

Post by Alexiom »

Hi team,

When manually testing sending DM's from some new accounts I'm warming, I get an alert:

-----------------------------------------------------
Unlock more on Twitter
To make Twitter great for everyone, we want to be sure there’s a human behind this account. Help us learn by spending time engaging with your timeline and connecting with others. When we’re confident, you can do the following:
Be seen by more people
Your content will be more discoverable. And you’ll appear in search results and trends.
Connect directly with others
Send Direct Messages to people, who don’t follow you, without your message being automatically filtered.
-----------------------------------------------------

When the message sends it goes to the receiving accounts filtered list, which is an expandable area of the inbox inside message requests.

Two questions: First, is it possible to detect if an account is in this semi-restricted state from Twitterdub? Second, will actions driven from Twitterdub such as like, follow, retweet eventually break the account out of this state?

Also of note, all of the accounts in this batch were purchased as 2010 and 2011 accounts, and I am unable to SMS verify any of them. I just get an "opps something went wrong" error when trying to add a phone number. Unsure if that's related, but have had no success for 3 days.

Any insight is much appreciated
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Restricted from DM's?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Alexiom wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:16 am
Two questions: First, is it possible to detect if an account is in this semi-restricted state from Twitterdub?
No. I've never seen it. If you have an account in this state:
If I could test the account(s), that would be very helpful in trying to find out what is going on and fix / update as required: If that is ok with you, please export the account(s) (export button bottom right of accounts list) and email the exported file(s):

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

Regards,
Martin

Second, will actions driven from Twitterdub such as like, follow, retweet eventually break the account out of this state?
Don't know. never tested
Also of note, all of the accounts in this batch were purchased as 2010 and 2011 accounts, and I am unable to SMS verify any of them. I just get an "opps something went wrong" error when trying to add a phone number. Unsure if that's related, but have had no success for 3 days.
If that is manually in the website, I don't know. Can you email verify them instead?
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

Seems to just be an account warmup issue. A few days of follow/like/tweet/retweet actions and most have unlocked themselves. These were aged accounts, but have the same issue with brand-new accts that were pre-SMS-verified before I purchased them.

Thankfully the new Twitter gives pretty clear guidance as to what you're doing wrong when it restricts you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Alexiom wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:44 pm Seems to just be an account warmup issue. A few days of follow/like/tweet/retweet actions and most have unlocked themselves. These were aged accounts, but have the same issue with brand-new accts that were pre-SMS-verified before I purchased them.
"aged accounts" that were created years ago and never used, at not much better than new accounts - they are new accounts.

"aged accounts" that have been used for years, are something much much better