Watching user for new tweets and reply

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
younglou

Watching user for new tweets and reply

Post by younglou »

Hi,

I am trying to set up watching a user for new tweets and replying.
So I am setting this up in Mass Tweet using monitor profile and what I'd like to do is to be able to run for example every 5 minutes check said user for new tweets and if there is a new tweet then reply. But what happens is that if I make the action run every 5 minutes then it will reply to the same, last tweet every 5 minutes. If I use a single message then it will detect that it is a duplicate and it wont reply again but if I use spintax then it keeps replying to the same tweet every 5 minutes.

My question is how could I set up for example having 5 accounts checking a certain user every 5 minutes and replying, but after that if the user hasnt tweeted anything new then not doing another reply.

If I try using Watch Users for new tweets tab then I am getting an error :

Checking: 'example'
Check: User: 'example' with: No Proxy
Search: 'example' with: empty: max1 return: RETURN_URLS
404, doesn't exist, ignore
* ERRROR: 404
WARNING errors occured checking your list of profiles to watch, forcing delay
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Watching user for new tweets and reply

Post by martin@rootjazz »

younglou wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:54 am Hi,

I am trying to set up watching a user for new tweets and replying.
So I am setting this up in Mass Tweet using monitor profile
That is correct, it should NOT post to the same tweet each time. Submit logs showing this please

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

If I try using Watch Users for new tweets tab then I am getting an error :

Checking: 'example'
Check: User: 'example' with: No Proxy
Search: 'example' with: empty: max1 return: RETURN_URLS
404, doesn't exist, ignore
* ERROR: 404
WARNING errors occured checking your list of profiles to watch, forcing delay
Again, logs please, so I can see exactly what you are doing, as it says: 404, doesn't exist, ignore
Which implies your profile to watch doesn't exist
younglou

Post by younglou »

Hey,

I have uploaded the logs :

logs_10239

logs_42308

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Mass Reply / Comment with profile monitor, is unique PER ACTION.

If you create multiple MASS REPLY actions with profile monitor, the actions will process the same item, I think this is what is happening to you.

Make one mass reply action for the target profile with all the accounts you want to use in that one action.

As for the 404, something is going wrong with TD, I don't know why twitter are returning a 404 (which means page doesn't exist) when it does, but something else must be going wrong and they are just returning that response incorrectly. trying to figure this out still.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

WATCH ISSUE, made some updates and it's working better now

But your target profile hasn't tweeted, only RETWEETED, which are ignored, as you cannot like / commet on a retweet, it would just go to the original tweet

anyway, The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
younglou

Post by younglou »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:49 pm Mass Reply / Comment with profile monitor, is unique PER ACTION.

If you create multiple MASS REPLY actions with profile monitor, the actions will process the same item, I think this is what is happening to you.

Make one mass reply action for the target profile with all the accounts you want to use in that one action.
Okay but if I do one single mass action on a target profile, with monitor profile WITHOUT doing any repeat (hrs/mins) then the action runs just once.
Example : I selected 2 accounts to reply to monitored user, action runs, both accounts reply to latest tweet, then action completed and stops. Thats it. Even if a new tweet is made its not being replied to anymore.

I uploaded logs aswell in case they might help : logs_85956
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

younglou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:04 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:49 pm Mass Reply / Comment with profile monitor, is unique PER ACTION.

Okay but if I do one single mass action on a target profile, with monitor profile WITHOUT doing any repeat (hrs/mins) then the action runs just once.
yes that is correct, for PROFILE MONITOR you must set a repeat hour / minute. But the repeat is the SAME action so the previous processed items logs will work.

IT;s when you created multiple mass actions on the same profile or right click the action and select REDO, this create a NEW action row with a new ID and that ID will give it a unique profile_monitor record

Example : I selected 2 accounts to reply to monitored user, action runs, both accounts reply to latest tweet, then action completed and stops. Thats it. Even if a new tweet is made its not being replied to anymore.
yes that's correct

Please do this:

stop / pause all existing actions
HELP > LOGS >DELETE
Create a profile monitor action. Repeat on 1 minute
Run the action, it should process the latest
wait 1 minute it runs again
if no new tweets posts, it will NOT process the latest

Or that is what should happen. Please confirm and if it DOES process again, submit logs and let me know ASAP as that is wrong
younglou

Post by younglou »

So I have just created a new profile monitor with repeat on 1 minute using 2 accounts.
Both accounts replied to the latest tweet, waited 1 minute then did another reply. Basically each account replied 2 times on the same tweet.

logs_83650
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

checking..
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

strange, the program finds the first tweet, processes it and the profile_monitor_log can be seen to increment to 1.

Next loop it runs, finds the same tweet, which should have been in the profile_monitor_log but it then gets processed again...

Something differently not working for you. Unfortunately I Cannot see what is in the log, I can only assume, the tweet was not logged correctly so when checked again it's not a match...