Twitter cannot follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
qw20211202

Twitter cannot follow

Post by qw20211202 »

Twitter cannot follow users, whether it is a newly registered Twitter account or an old account before, it cannot follow; do you know the reason?
Tip "You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more <a href='http://support.twitter.com/articles/668 ... mits'>here </a>."
log id~77327
BouludQQ

Re: Twitter cannot follow

Post by BouludQQ »

same problem here.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

qw20211202 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:21 am Twitter cannot follow users, whether it is a newly registered Twitter account or an old account before, it cannot follow; do you know the reason?
Tip "You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more <a href='http://support.twitter.com/articles/668 ... mits'>here </a>."
log id~77327

Code: Select all

{
	"errors": [{
		"code": 161,
		"message": "You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more \u003Ca href='http:\/\/support.twitter.com\/articles\/66885-i-can-t-follow-people-follow-limits'\u003Ehere\u003C\/a\u003E."
	}]
}
The above is twitters exact response, Iguess you have followed too many people either in a time period, or over all.

Check your following number
Check your daily follows

Wait 24 hours and try again / try and unfollow some users
qw20211202

Post by qw20211202 »

No, I haven't performed any operations for many days, and the number of users I follow is only 60; the newly registered twitter account can't follow too;
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The above still stands, twitter is not letting you follow any more at this time.

Wait then try a single follow.

Could be 60 is the limit for the first week? I've not idea. I can only tell you what the twitter response was, and that is posted above.
darude

Post by darude »

bellabrownbe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:03 am You've reached the daily follow limit. You can follow more accounts after a day has passed.
kick the buddy
yes it is twitter telling you, you cant follow more people at the moment.

nothing to do with the twitterdub tool.

even if you havent followed people and you get this message it might be twitter showing you that you are probably a bot account and they dont want you doing stuff.

When I started with twitter automation, my fresh accounts with 0 previous actions would get sometimes banned and I wasnt sure what was going on and thought it might be the automation tool, but it wasnt.

it was the account quality, the proxies quality.

so if you keep getting twitter messages and not error messages from the software (twitterdub) it is your account / your proxies that is the problem and not the software itself.