*Accounts doing actions WITHOUT PreRunCmd inbetween*

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
darude

*Accounts doing actions WITHOUT PreRunCmd inbetween*

Post by darude »

twitterdub version: 3.391 09/02/2023 (newest stable update)

action tab: Like, 68 accounts, share across accounts, unique items, like from list (I gave it a list of 1000 twitter links), THREADS: 1

in Edit I choose:
RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount:curl (my proxy rotation LINK) , wait:50

But the accounts were doing actions after each other without a break (no proxy rotation inbetween, just casually loging in and scraping timeline and information.

As soon as the first account is done checking timeline and checking if the account is logged in, without any wait or proxy rotation twitterdub continues to do so on the next account (when using 4g proxy for multiple accounts, you want it to rotate IP before proceeding to next account so the accounts dont have the same IP).

the RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount would run after a account is done liking a post, but not when logging in or checking the timeline,
I thought the way RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount works is one account logs in, checks timeline or whatever it does, likes the post -> PRERUNCMD (rotates the IP) -> next account logs in. so that there is no logging in and checking timeline or account info on the SAME IP.

I just found this out, this thing is serious and could cause major problems to users who use 4g proxies, is it the case only with LIKE action or with other things too, and how can this be solved?
darude

Re: *Accounts doing actions WITHOUT PreRunCmd inbetween*

Post by darude »

yo this is weird man.

I choose THREADS:1

and in the logs I read that one account is doing the action like or retweet, meanwhile another account is AT THE SAME TIME doing login and timeline checking actions

how is that possible? and how did nobody ever notice that? this is very very dangerous.
darude

Post by darude »

submitted the logs so you can see the example of what is happening: logs_87912

explanation what is happening:

1. twitterdub selects a random account to go first
2. RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount runs (and changes the IP) and the software waits till it is done
3. 1st account is logging in and checking timeline / scraping info
0 seconds brake inbetween, does not run preruncmd
4. 2nd account is logging in and checking timeline / scraping info
5. 1st account does the ACTION
6. RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount runs (and changes the IP) and the software waits till it is done
7. 3rd account is logging in and checking timeline / scraping info
0 seconds brake inbetween, does not run preruncmd
8. 2nd account does the ACTION

wonder how am I the first one to find this out? or is it just my twitterdub bugged or am I reading the logs file wrong?
because this should not be happening, right? if the THREADS:1 then it should be 1 not a random number.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

darude wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:15 pm submitted the logs so you can see the example of what is happening: logs_87912
checking now cannot think how this is possible, it's not possible (shouldn't be)

Let me check the logs / run tests and get back to you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok so it *IS* running single threaded, there is not multiple threads running.

But there is a bug with implementation of the SFT action with the RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount . With SHARED accounts on, the request to get the user_details endpoint is triggering the code to share the request when now it should be fixed to the account selected to perform the item.

It's why I didn't want to implement the RunCmdsBeforeEachAccount as it wasn't designed for that from the start and there is these edge cases that can easily break it.

Anyway, will get it fixed now...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:19 pm The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
did you check if it was happening only in LIKE action or did it happen also on retweet, follow, tweet or even MASS ACTIONS?

happy that you are taking care of it, thank you :)

and hopefully I will get my proxy rotation in order so I CAN FINALLY use this software as I always intended to :D
(and then see and maybe even pay for a few extra options if I find them to be worth it)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:40 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:19 pm The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
did you check if it was happening only in LIKE action or did it happen also on retweet, follow, tweet or even MASS ACTIONS?

happy that you are taking care of it, thank you :)

and hopefully I will get my proxy rotation in order so I CAN FINALLY use this software as I always intended to :D
(and then see and maybe even pay for a few extra options if I find them to be worth it)
was happening on actions that make a TWEET DETAILS request, that wasn't hitting the cache. Wasn't happening on follow as that pulls USER DETAILS endpoint which isn't a shareable search (which TWEET DETAILS is)
darude

Post by darude »

will check it out tomorrow, nice thank you.

will also check if it does the mistake with other actions and mass actions.