Does "Export" included cookies?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
a56789Qoo69

Does "Export" included cookies?

Post by a56789Qoo69 »

Does "Export" included cookies? browser information? If I switch to another Twitterdub login will it be 100% exactly the same?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Does "Export" included cookies?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I think it should. I'll double check later and get back to you (not at home now)

Or you could export the files
then open them and look (which is all I'm going to do :-)

Regards,
Martin
papamax

Post by papamax »

I am having issues with EXPORTED cookies format...

While TD exports the cookies just fine, they don't seem to be usable on other browsers? Is there anything different on their format?

If I try to import the exported cookies to other browsers it just doesn't work.... I have spent hours trying to figure it out to no avail.

What I know is that the format here looks different from format exported from most browsers... it has Comment field and the expire date seem to be in string format while on browser they look different.

For example, if I export cookies from my browser, import into TD and then export again, the format given back by TD will not work in the browser.

Is there anyway to make these exported cookies work when being imported into a browser?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

papamax wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:54 pm I am having issues with EXPORTED cookies format...

While TD exports the cookies just fine, they don't seem to be usable on other browsers? Is there anything different on their format?
The EXPORT from TD is for TD to import it again. Not to be used on other systems, hence it's a custom format.

Unsure how browser would read them, I "guess" JSON format, but it's just a guess.

When time permits, I can check it out and add support for external cookie import and export in various formats. But for now, I'll have to add it to the suggestions list:

The suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:56 pm
papamax wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:54 pm I am having issues with EXPORTED cookies format...

The EXPORT from TD is for TD to import it again. Not to be used on other systems, hence it's a custom format.

Unsure how browser would read them, I "guess" JSON format, but it's just a guess.

When time permits, I can check it out and add support for external cookie import and export in various formats. But for now, I'll have to add it to the suggestions list:

The suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
yes, I also wondered why cant I use cookies from twitterdub on other browsers.
but it is easy to use cookies from a browser into twitterdub.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:25 am

I think I added CUSTOM EXPORT to the right click menu recently. It will export a base64 JSON cookie representation.

Doubt browsers take a base64 cookie string though, but you could decode it and use that (maybe)
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:33 pm

I think I added CUSTOM EXPORT to the right click menu recently. It will export a base64 JSON cookie representation.

Doubt browsers take a base64 cookie string though, but you could decode it and use that (maybe)
so it comes out in base64 json format?

and into what format do I have to format it to be able to work in browsers?
(im using dolphin antidetect browser)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Yes, it's sort of normal for EXPORT / IMPORT files to base64 long lines of text, otherwise the text could contain , or \t or other charactors breaking the CSV. So with base64 encoding it comes out as just numbers and letters
Depends on browser, I guess JSON representation

https://www.base64decode.org/

will encode / decode for youS
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:24 pm
darude wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Yes, it's sort of normal for EXPORT / IMPORT files to base64 long lines of text, otherwise the text could contain , or \t or other charactors breaking the CSV. So with base64 encoding it comes out as just numbers and letters
Depends on browser, I guess JSON representation

https://www.base64decode.org/

will encode / decode for youS
nice, thank you.
will give it a try and hopefully it does work
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)