Feature request - Clone Accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
abcxyz

Feature request - Clone Accounts

Post by abcxyz »

A feature to clone account data (from target username) to new account - Name, Username(add random string at end to make it new), profile pic, header, bio.
abcxyz

Re: Feature request - Clone Accounts

Post by abcxyz »

abcxyz wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:15 pm A feature to clone account data (from target username) to new account - Name, Username(add random string at end to make it new), profile pic, header, bio.
edit: Low Priority request. (Managed to solve the execution)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

abcxyz wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:15 pm A feature to clone account data (from target username) to new account - Name, Username(add random string at end to make it new), profile pic, header, bio.
Should be easy enough. I'm meant to be on holiday next week, so won't be around much for new features. The following week will be catch up, but remind me around the 27th / 28th and can probably set aside 10-20 minutes (more like couple of hours lol) to add it quickly

Regards,
Martin
abcxyz

Post by abcxyz »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:12 pm
Should be easy enough. I'm meant to be on holiday next week, so won't be around much for new features. The following week will be catch up, but remind me around the 27th / 28th and can probably set aside 10-20 minutes (more like couple of hours lol) to add it quickly

Regards,
Martin
Yes, this will come handy for all the rootjazz bots. Then we just need to add the text file or csv with target usernames and the bot will automatically update the selected accounts cloning all the data. But this is not a high priority request if it takes too much time. Just for when you get some free time.
bossgogo

Post by bossgogo »

:D Has Martin finished his vacation? This function is in a hurry to go online.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bossgogo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:33 am :D Has Martin finished his vacation? This function is in a hurry to go online.
Back to normal today. Got a backlog of support to handle first. Then will be on with new features, I imagine Wedneday
bossgogo

Post by bossgogo »

Will the acquisition of Twitter by Musk affect us?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bossgogo wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:23 pm Will the acquisition of Twitter by Musk affect us?
I wrote Elon an email to ask, but he hasn't replied yet. I'll let you know when he does
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:47 pm
bossgogo wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:23 pm Will the acquisition of Twitter by Musk affect us?
I wrote Elon an email to ask, but he hasn't replied yet. I'll let you know when he does

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, it probably will be harder down the line to operate but I'm hoping with Martin on our side, he will be able to figure out ways for twitterdub to still work as intended.