Setup with twitterdub. Customized or Already exists?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
scottgrey321

Setup with twitterdub. Customized or Already exists?

Post by scottgrey321 »

Hello, Good day admin, Good day everyone. i have a few questions with twitterdub and i am wondering if i can get some assistance. I tried reaching through email and i got no response which is the reason i am deciding to post this here.

So i am trying to run a setup that can
1.scan for recent tweet from about 50-100 twitter usernames(tweets<=1hour)
2.)scan for recent hashtags (tweets<=1hour<=1hour)

Then reply with my accounts in sequential order.
Lets say i have 100accounts i need to use for replying.

1 Joseph
2 John
3 James
4 Peter
5 Paul
100 Xanny

Theres going to be a parameter for me to select how many account i would like to run the task in sequential order
Lets say i decide to choose 5 as the parameter.

So the task would run like this.
1.)Task starts
2.) Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) with 1.Joseph - 5.Paul
3.)dumps 1.Joseph - 5.Paul(shouldnt use again)
4.)Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) again with 6. name - 10.name
5.)dumps 6. name - 10.name (shouldnt use again)
6.)Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) again with 95. name - 100.name
7.)dumps 95. name - 100.Xanny (shouldnt use again)
8.Task ends (could still decide to run again depending on my repeat settings)

Now i know you already have an option to randomize with accounts(not what i want). I am not so familiar with your software so i dont know the possibility of making this happen because i really need to work for my task(i literally paid for twitterdub to see if i could run this setup with it).

This can help me avoid using accounts repetitively after each run, to avoid problems with my account during automation
scottgrey321

Re: Setup with twitterdub. Customized or Already exists?

Post by scottgrey321 »

Hello can i get some assistance here?
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

not archievable i guess? been waiting for response
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

My apologies, sorry must have missed this. not sure why you didn't get a reply to the email either. All emails are answered same day. Perhaps it went to your spam folder?

Anyway Let me go through it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey321 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:01 pm

Lets say i have 100accounts i need to use for replying.

1 Joseph
2 John
3 James
4 Peter
5 Paul
100 Xanny

Theres going to be a parameter for me to select how many account i would like to run the task in sequential order
Lets say i decide to choose 5 as the parameter.

1.)Task starts
2.) Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) with 1.Joseph - 5.Paul
4.)Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) again with 6. name - 10.name
6.)Reply new recent tweets(from the 100 usernames/hashtags of my choice) again with 95. name - 100.name
7.)dumps 95. name - 100.Xanny (shouldnt use again)
8.Task ends (could still decide to run again depending on my repeat settings)

Now i know you already have an option to randomize with accounts(not what i want). I am not so familiar with your software so i dont know the possibility of making this happen because i really need to work for my task(i literally paid for twitterdub to see if i could run this setup with it).

This can help me avoid using accounts repetitively after each run, to avoid problems with my account during automation
To be honest, I am not 100% sure what you want to do. And the fact you want to be strict about how it does complicates it. 99/100 you can "sort of" do anything you want, if you have some give in the requirements. But if the requirements are so specific, then it becomes more complicated. As I am sure you aware, the program cannot possible work *exactly* as all users want, as what each user wants is different. So to cover the most usecases there has to be some general coverage.

So to cover the basics

Easy one, yes you can do both

Warning, if you are scanning 100 accounts for new tweets and hashtag searching adn wanting to reply to all, that's a lot of replies and could be an issue, but warning aside lets continue

1.)Task starts
Here we going to have issues. It's too specific. If it's *this or nothing*. Then no it cannot be done.

Also I am not sure what you want to do with the 100 target accounts. Scrape all for new tweets every (n) time period?

What is the reason for the specific ordering?

I am sure what you want to *achieve* can be achieved, i.e the results. Just not the exact method.

IF you want to explain more about what the end plan is and why, I can explain ways to get there, just perhaps via a different route :)

Regards,
Martin
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

So how can i go about doing this & can it work with the search and tweet reply/comment module on TwitterDub?
2.)scan for recent specified hashtags tweets (tweets<=1hour)

Here we going to have issues. It's too specific. If it's *this or nothing*. Then no it cannot be done.
Correct if i am wrong, but under the search and tweet reply/comment module on TwitterDub, it already has a few options on how i would like to shuffle between accounts after searching tweets.
1.Unique items
2.) Share across account.

I dont know how this could be archived but i just need a setup that could allow me to better control how i could like to use accounts. it mustnt be in any order. What really matters is.
1.) It should have a a parameter to control how i would like to use accounts for my task. Eg.Lets say i have 200accounts. So i can run 5 accounts at a time, 10 accounts at a time etc
2.) selected accounts should be used only once until after task operation is finished Eg program searches 200 tweets and 5 random accounts has been used to reply those tweets, program then takes note of those account and can select another 5 random account to reply the next set of tweets it searches(it doesnt have to be in any order).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey321 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:06 pm
So how can i go about doing this & can it work with the search and tweet reply/comment module on TwitterDub?
2.)scan for recent specified hashtags tweets (tweets<=1hour)
Do you know how CUSTOM SEARCH WORKS? IF not let me know and I'll explain that.

But you can either:
setup multiple actions, one for recent tweet and one each for hashtag search term
use multi search where you can have "multiple searches" within a single action.

If you have a preference, let me know and I'll explain that.

But using CUSTOM SEARCH
input: filepath of your 100 target profiles - 1 per line
STEPS
ID URL USER (n)
LATEST TWEET

where (n) is how many items you want from the file, so if you specify 10, you would take 10 random profiles each time the actions run, to process all, don't set a value here, or set it above >100

hashtag:
input: file path of hashtags
STEPS:
HASHTAG RECENT

then this creates one action per hashtag (unless is multi search)

Correct if i am wrong, but under the search and tweet reply/comment module on TwitterDub, it already has a few options on how i would like to shuffle between accounts after searching tweets.
1.Unique items
2.) Share across account.
The issue you would have is the part
use 5 accounts in one action
repeat
use next 5 accounts

that is not possible, it doesn't work like that

I dont know how this could be archived but i just need a setup that could allow me to better control how i could like to use accounts. it mustnt be in any order. What really matters is.
1.) It should have a a parameter to control how i would like to use accounts for my task. Eg.Lets say i have 200accounts. So i can run 5 accounts at a time, 10 accounts at a time etc
Please clarify.
If the action finds 100 tweets to comment on
You want to use 5 accounts.
Is that you want each account to process 1 item, then action stops. So only 5 items of the 100 processed.
Or you want the 5 accounts to process the 100, so 20 each (for example)

2.) selected accounts should be used only once until after task operation is finished Eg program searches 200 tweets and 5 random accounts has been used to reply those tweets, program then takes note of those account and can select another 5 random account to reply the next set of tweets it searches(it doesnt have to be in any order).
Same question as above, you want those 5 accounts to process the 200?

How many comments each account should process in a day?

--------------------------------

One way to do this, but will take some setup

action1 - uses accs_1-10
action2 - uses accs_11-20
action3 - uses accs_21-30
action10 - uses accs_91-100

You set the start time and repeat values so

action1 runs at 00:00
action2 runs at 02:00
action3 runs at 04:00
action10 runs at 20:00

so they are spread out over the 24 hours and will run the same every day if you want to run them once, or you could have
action1 runs at 00:00 and 12:00
action2 runs at 01:00 and 13:00
action3 runs at 02:00 and 14:00
action10 runs at 10:00 and 22:00

Yes I know my times are not perfectly spread out, but 24 hours / 10 is an awkward sum and it's sunday, but you can work it out exactly, it's an example of how you could do it.

But confirm above my questions, and there may be easier ways to do it, but from what I understand the above will do pretty much exactly what you want

Regards,
Martin
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

Please clarify.
If the action finds 100 tweets to comment on
You want to use 5 accounts.
Is that you want each account to process 1 item, then action stops. So only 5 items of the 100 processed.
Or you want the 5 accounts to process the 100, so 20 each (for example)
if action finds 100 tweets to comment on, i want the 5accounts to process the 100comment 20 each.

then search again for new tweets to comment on, use another 5 different(not same) account to process the new tweet.
Do you know how CUSTOM SEARCH WORKS? IF not let me know and I'll explain that.
i honestly dont, pls show me how to. Would that be the best way to set this up?
use 5 accounts in one action
repeat
use next 5 accounts
i really hoped there could be a way to make this work with your software
How many comments each account should process in a day?
Max 50-60
action1 - uses accs_1-10
action2 - uses accs_11-20
action3 - uses accs_21-30
action10 - uses accs_91-100
Does your above setup mean it would process every new searched tweet with 10 account each??
how can i go about this, i am still a newbie to this sorry
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

hello??
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey321 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm re custom search
i honestly dont, pls show me how to. Would that be the best way to set this up?
Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYP9Gvh2n-M

The audio is awful, I need to redo, but you can watch our instagram bot tutorials on custom search, it works EXACTLY the same

Custom Search Tutorial Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJLhHo ... lw&index=6

Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

Forum help post on search / custom search:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7324

Does your above setup mean it would process every new searched tweet with 10 account each??
how can i go about this, i am still a newbie to this sorry
yes, but it works he same with 5 accounts, I just used 10 as a simpler number.

So you need to understand

CUSTOM SEARCH (above)
MULTI SEARCH (click the INFO link next to the multi search setup, ask any specific questions once been through it)

Then it's just working out how you want the actions to run and when with what repeat (thats for you to figure out, I'm not doing your math homework for you :-p)

Then if you want each action to run once a day, we can use DAILY RUN AT, if you want an action to repeat multiple times a day you need to use the REPEAT options.

Best first go through custom search / multi search, get that understand.

Run a test action, make sure you have it understood. Ask anything you not sure on. Then once you have it sorted, can create the full actions.

v2: Getting Started with Twitterdub (updated)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYiZRel ... EflfH0NrWV

--------------------------------
Older tutorials
Getting started with Twitterdub
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2WUsB1rQN3

All Twitterdub tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlEefs2Gan

Regards,
Martin