Safest & Easiest Way To Use Twitterdub

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Apexworks

Safest & Easiest Way To Use Twitterdub

Post by Apexworks »

Hi Martin,

First of all congrats on what looks like a brilliant piece of software, wish I had given this a try earlier.

However, I feel that the videos are quite hard to follow and difficult to understand, as the sound quality is quite poor in some of them.

So I've been trying to play around a bit but it's not clear what is the best and safest route and I'd like to share my thoughts and maybe you can point me in the right direction?

1. Looking at the log it looks like there is quite a bit of scraping going on, especially when setting tight filters. I wonder how safe this is with Twitter and if it would be better to separate the scraping part altogether?

I'm thinking that maybe I'd hire someone to scrape say:

"All followers of these 20 accounts that have been active in the last 14 days and either liked or commented on that person's tweet(s) and speaks English and is of x gender."

2. I would then end up with a fairly large userlist of 10s of thousands of profiles, and I could manually check some of these randomly to see that the profiles match my criteria.

Now my question is basically this

3. Would it be safer for me to upload a big list of users like this to Twitterdub and instead of having a very extensive scraping process inside Twitterdub my main accounts can simply go to these thousands of target profiles one by one and like a few of their last tweets and then follow them.

Or does it actually look more suspicious to Twitter if a user heads straight to a profile to like a few tweets and then follow?

Basically I'm trying to find the best way to use what seems to be a very complex piece of software with the ability to filter in a very granular way, but without all that filtering and scraping looking like a bot?

ALTERNATIVELY...

4. Would it be possible to pay extra for some support and give you the criteria we are looking for, and you to simply do a step-by-step walk through of every setting we should use that will likely be safe for new'ish accounts on good proxies?

What I mean is, would it be possible for us to say for example:

"a) These are the 10 target accounts.
b) We would like to follow users of those accounts who fit the following criteria (filtering?) and randomly like 1-3 tweets of those followers.
c) After randomly liking we would also like to randomly follow 30% of those profiles we liked (pre-action?).
c) These are the 4 filters we would like to use for all accounts that we like and follow from the above target accounts....
d) We would also like our accounts to also tweet randomly 3-5 times per day from this list (one list for each account) between these hours.
e) We would like to send a DM with the following spintax to all our followers on each account at these select times.
f) We will only use one account per proxy and we only want the program to do one action on each account at any one time.
g) We would like to do a max of say 140 tweets for any one profile per day, but increase with 5% per day until reaching 275 likes per day/account.
h) We would like to follow a max off say 90 accounts per day, but increase with 5% per day until reaching 180 follows per day.
i) Once every 3 days each account should take a 22 hour break.
j) Account 1 has the following "working hours" that it can bot, Account 2 these, Account 3 these and so on. Bot never works outside hours."

Something like that, where we basically come up with a custom list that suits us and you/your team makes a PDF (or video) or something going over each setting we need to achieve the above reults? Of course I understand that this would come at extra cost and be outside the normal support, but that's fine.

I just feel that with the current instructions and it being rather difficult to hear some of the videos, and without a user guide that details each function related to each module (and how the settings in each may affect each other) there is a lot of room for error, and if we can pay say $150 for someone to do a simple step-by-step guide for JUST the functions we need/want that would help a lot and save us two weeks of trying to learn, test and lose a number of accounts and burn proxies because we ran things too fast or too many processes were running at once etc.

Any advice on the best way forward would be appreciated, but the software looks amazing and you have really thought of every detail anyone could want in a Twitter bot it seems!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Safest & Easiest Way To Use Twitterdub

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Apexworks wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:59 am Hi Martin,

First of all congrats on what looks like a brilliant piece of software, wish I had given this a try earlier.

However, I feel that the videos are quite hard to follow and difficult to understand, as the sound quality is quite poor in some of them.
My apologies, I really must redo them, I keep saying this, and, then, well, updates required, new features and it gets put to back of the pile. Sorry

1. Looking at the log it looks like there is quite a bit of scraping going on, especially when setting tight filters. I wonder how safe this is with Twitter and if it would be better to separate the scraping part altogether?
If you use filters, then each result will require a request to get their details. So if you want to scrape 100 results with no filter, it's 1 request, to do this with a filter, even if all results pass the filter, it is 101 requests, if 50% fail the filter it is now 202 requests, if 90% fail, it's 909 requests.

So don't set filters unless you have a reason. Run a test, see if the option gets you better results, rather than just "i'll set this and that and this for no other reason because I Can"

"All followers of these 20 accounts that have been active in the last 14 days and either liked or commented on that person's tweet(s) and speaks English and is of x gender."
Rather than filter on english you can use ADVANCED search: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6985&p=42529&hilit ... rch#p42529
Or the settings tab option.
As for male / female, do you need that? Have you tseted

Now my question is basically this

3. Would it be safer for me to upload a big list of users like this to Twitterdub and instead of having a very extensive scraping process inside Twitterdub my main accounts can simply go to these thousands of target profiles one by one and like a few of their last tweets and then follow them.

Or does it actually look more suspicious to Twitter if a user heads straight to a profile to like a few tweets and then follow?
There is no way to know what is "more suspicious" to twitter, you'd have to massive testing then review the results and look for a small statistical anomalies and base your decision off that. It's really your call based on your filters, your testing, your search (if you search returns good results your filter may ignore only 50%, if it returns bad results you may ignore 99% - so you need to test > review > improve.

Same for just processing the results for the filters, if the results are crap, then your results are crap, if you are scraping 1000 followers of an account, but they are all fake purchased followers - well what's the point? (I've seen someones logs who followed more than 5k fake followers from a big account who had clearly been buying fake followers. so TEST TEST TEST
Basically I'm trying to find the best way to use what seems to be a very complex piece of software with the ability to filter in a very granular way, but without all that filtering and scraping looking like a bot?
As above, TEST TEST TEST

I don't know your account / niche / targets / searches. It's impossible to say. One way might be better or the other way could equally be better. There is no "better" overall. It all depends
4. Would it be possible to pay extra for some support and give you the criteria we are looking for, and you to simply do a step-by-step walk through of every setting we should use that will likely be safe for new'ish accounts on good proxies?
Sorry, but due to time constraints that isn't something we offer. As long as you keep overall requests down and don't do too much too fast, don't annoy, don't spam, don't leave massive footprints, your new accounts will soon not be new and you can ramp things up somewhat more
What I mean is, would it be possible for us to say for example:

"a) These are the 10 target accounts.
b) We would like to follow users of those accounts who fit the following criteria (filtering?) and randomly like 1-3 tweets of those followers.
c) After randomly liking we would also like to randomly follow 30% of those profiles we liked (pre-action?).
c) These are the 4 filters we would like to use for all accounts that we like and follow from the above target accounts....
d) We would also like our accounts to also tweet randomly 3-5 times per day from this list (one list for each account) between these hours.
e) We would like to send a DM with the following spintax to all our followers on each account at these select times.
f) We will only use one account per proxy and we only want the program to do one action on each account at any one time.
g) We would like to do a max of say 140 tweets for any one profile per day, but increase with 5% per day until reaching 275 likes per day/account.
h) We would like to follow a max off say 90 accounts per day, but increase with 5% per day until reaching 180 follows per day.
j) Account 1 has the following "working hours" that it can bot, Account 2 these, Account 3 these and so on. Bot never works outside hours."
You can (mostly), but that is very specific and not simple and you would have to have some leniency, for example:
Is very random and I imagine you've just pulled it out of the air, with no testing or knowledge it is actually worth doing. I hope you can understand, when anyone can pull any idea out the air, not everything is going to be possible, but you can sort of do it via multiple WORKING HOURS patterns.

Plus, again a lot depends, you want to spam all your followers with a DM, depends on how many followers, 5, no problems, 5k, more problems.
Something like that, where we basically come up with a custom list that suits us and you/your team makes a PDF (or video) or something going over each setting we need to achieve the above reults? Of course I understand that this would come at extra cost and be outside the normal support, but that's fine.
Honestly, a mistake a lot of people make it, trying to over analyse everything before they get started. They make all this meticulous plans of what they think they should do (without testing, any reasons for it except they thought it). Then once they finally do get started and start to learn the domain and how it works, they throw away their plans, and come up with actually useful plans best on experience and knowledge. So my advice to people just getting started it, expect to learn, expect to make mistakes, but just get started. Don't dive in with your end plans of 500 accounts, you can get there, but it's a journey and you need to get there, you won't start there, despite all your planning and you are more likely to fail and give up trying to start with so many accounts rather than learning with just a hand ful

I just feel that with the current instructions and it being rather difficult to hear some of the videos, and without a user guide that details each function related to each module (and how the settings in each may affect each other) there is a lot of room for error, and if we can pay say $150 for someone to do a simple step-by-step guide for JUST the functions we need/want that would help a lot and save us two weeks of trying to learn, test and lose a number of accounts and burn proxies because we ran things too fast or too many processes were running at once etc.

Any advice on the best way forward would be appreciated, but the software looks amazing and you have really thought of every detail anyone could want in a Twitter bot it seems!
Anything you are unsure, please do make a post. One post per issue / question /function. That way the forum becomes a living documentation answering the questions the users have. Soon things will click and the way things work will (should hopefully) make sense.

But take it one step at a time, rather than trying to learn it all. Yes it may take longer than you had hoped, but you will have LEARNED it and KNOW it, rather than just following a 1,2,3,4 list of things to do for everything I tell you to do, but you will not understand what you are doing.

Regards,
Martin