how to set timeout ?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
hujzbosni

how to set timeout ?

Post by hujzbosni »

sometimes tiwtterdub cannot post/tweet because some of my proxy is down (one account=oneproxy), then it take alot of time to finish whole processing operation...I would like to finish all operation faster by setting timeout ( I have read that it is by default set at 60 sec ) , how to change timeout to finish processing faster ??
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: how to set timeout ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You cannot change this value. It is not user editable
hujzbosni

Post by hujzbosni »

can you add this setting (timeout) editable for user in twittedrub ?

I'm using residential proxies for xxx twitter accounts (xxx residential proxies), .. sometimes some proxies are down ... and when twitterdub process my action (share accross accounts), it stucks for xx minutes, and I need to cancel manually that process, and run again that processs manually (process is sheduled automatic every few minutes but it stucks so cannot run automatically again )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hujzbosni wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 pm
I'm using residential proxies for xxx twitter accounts (xxx residential proxies), .. sometimes some proxies are down
The program will wait and retry the request, as residential proxies may be down / updating. So the request should be made successfully during this process.

If you just leave it, will it not run successfully?

Have you asked your proxy company why they don't detect failing proxy endpoints and update their system? That would be a better solution as it means your actions / requests will all (eventually) go through rather than cancelling an action which may have been running for hours and had hours left to run, all because it didn't wait 1 - 2 minutes
... and when twitterdub process my action (share accross accounts), it stucks for xx minutes, and I need to cancel manually that process,
Why do you need to cancel? If it waits for 2 minutes, or 4 minutes, it will cancel eventually and run other actions.

Utilise processing THREADS and the SETTINGS. safety precautions from running single accounts and I don't see how it's a big issue