Prevent double replies when task is (re)created

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Prevent double replies when task is (re)created

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tduser wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:31 pm
Awesome! Thank you for the quick support!
Just some further details, was late when I posted last night and forgot to add.

Things should work better going forward, but there could still be some duplications, unlikely, but posible. There was a bug in the recording of which items were processed, if that tweet had replies to it and certain metrics were met regarding usage of IDs / URLs and by the time the the program checked if the cache had gone. Which is why it didn't happen in my tests, as I was testing well within cache times and basic tweets.

My apologies for this, but there is no way to correct what was recorded previously. But going forward it should work better and probably you won't see any more duplications in big numbers, but, just to inform you, there is a possibility. If you do notice, please let me know and I will check and confirm it is the above case and not another bug I have missed

Regards,
Martin
tduser

Post by tduser »

Looks like this bug still exists. I noticed a bot just replied to a tweet it had already replied to. Perhaps it's found by keywords in two different tasks?

Either way, as I understand it a bot should never reply to the same tweet twice (regardless of task) if the Unique option is turned on. We have every process set to only handle Unique tweets, so I think the bug is still there.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tduser wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:26 am Looks like this bug still exists. I noticed a bot just replied to a tweet it had already replied to. Perhaps it's found by keywords in two different tasks?

Either way, as I understand it a bot should never reply to the same tweet twice (regardless of task) if the Unique option is turned on. We have every process set to only handle Unique tweets, so I think the bug is still there.
When was the previous reply? Recently or old? As I explained in previous post, there could be an issue with what Ids were recorded as processed in some instances, which is where the bug was.