Queue Images Fail

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
maVen

Re: Queue Images Fail

Post by maVen »

Moses wrote:@maven, dude he created a different thread for you since you have a different bug than mine, just post your issues there.
Yeah, I posted this in the wrong thread by mistake, sorry.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Moses wrote:
@moses
please try this

http://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

I doubt it will fix the issue, but I am hoping it will give me more information on the timeouts
Yes i still got failures hope my logs give more info. If there was a way for it to make screen dumps that would be great, i know the bot is httpwebrequest though.
Also i noticed when i check stats or run verify login action while it uploading are failing, i get fail logins.

RUN 1 - ID: 35530
RUN 2 - ID: 80890
Did you see my request to access your VPS via RDP (if you still use it) so I can run it and see these failures happening? Or maybe I missed your reply, or maybe you don't want to give me access (understandable)

checking logs now
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

After this problem happens on an account.

Do ALL actions fail for all users?
(if so what errors (if any reported) - is it always a timeout?

Or is it just actions for THAT user (so as you said stats / login verify?

You have said, restarting the app fixes it. Please confirm that nothing else will get the app to connect again?

Can you run windows update, and make sure you are fully up to date with all updates (I saw a MS post about how there was an issue with the .net framework for HTTPS that could cause connections to fail until a restart of the app.

Unforunately the new logs didn't include any additional information. TumJazz tries to connect, waits, timeouts with no response from the server. Another user reported the same error but after 250 uploads, but that was a new account. So I am running tests on old and new accounts now trying to replicate here
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

What anti virus software do you use? Just read a similar issue where bitdefender would block httpwebrequests until a restart. Bit of a long shot, but perhaps...
Moses

Post by Moses »

Did you see my request to access your VPS via RDP (if you still use it) so I can run it and see these failures happening? Or maybe I missed your reply, or maybe you don't want to give me access (understandable)
Yes u can access it. I emailed u login details. but my license is working on the new vps i download the bot on for u to test.
What anti virus software do you use? Just read a similar issue where bitdefender would block httpwebrequests until a restart. Bit of a long shot, but perhaps...
There is no antivirus on my vps (i'm sure u already know, the uploading issues are happening in vps).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I have been able to generate results that "appeared" to be the same as your latest logs. However, these were a different kind of "you have reached your daily limit" message coming from Tumblr, so am not sure it is the same issue.

http://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

@maven as well, this "could" be your issue as well (failing to upload an image on the 10 retries)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

@moses
your VPS works fine for me with uploading to queue.It is not reporting your queue is too full or you have exceeded your daily limits. No timeouts, no failures (except with the aforementioned messages)

So it looks like your issue is resolved, I am guessing, that restarting the program didn't really "fix" the issue, but the fact you restarted a while after you noticed the failures. The same for testing in the browser after an error run. Perhaps it was just because you tested in the browser a while after and tumblr had posted a few of the queued posts? But just an assumption.

Please run your tests and let me know if the issues remain

@maven - as well my tests seem to imply your issue was the same. Please test off and let me know any further issues
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

@moses
@maven

couple of other users who were having the same / similar users reported this update "fixes" (well identifies) the issue
Moses

Post by Moses »

It looks like it's working, i do more test and if something occurs i notify you. Thanks for this!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

thanks for the update.

I found out the follow as well.

You have a QUEUE LIMIT of 300, BUT you are not allowed to upload 300 items a day. the upload limit seems to be 250 (although it is stated online it is only 50!
http://unwrapping.tumblr.com/post/83154 ... -limit-300
Total Tumblr Queue Limit:
Officially, your Tumblr Queue can store a total of 300 posts at a rate of 50 posts per day. I made the limit “300ish” in the GIF above because the same people who bend spoons with their minds have achieved 301 posts in their Tumblr Queue. If you reach queue limit, save posts as drafts, then move them to the Tumblr Queue when under limit.
I guess the idea is, if you set your queue to post 100 images a day and you are uploading 200 a day, you will get to the 300 limit (just not in a single day)

It also appears that the post images limit is 150

A user told me, this was wrong and that after TumJazz stops saying "exceeded limit" they *COULD* add more images to the queue. I tested this and you cannot. The messages TumJazz report are CORRECT. I tried manually to post seconds after TumJazz stopped and couldn't. Users thinking they can is based on not noticing TumJazz has stopped due to exceeding, then attempting to post some hours later, after some time limit must have been passed, or the queue has lowered or whatever.

So from wht I can tell, TumJazz is (and has always) been working correctly in posting what is allowed, just not reporting the "error messages" as returned by Tumblr (caused by Tumblr not using a consistent error return notation.